scope out of line

longrangebo

I have a NXS 8-32 Nightforce an a 338-408 Has a 40 moa rail ! Had to zero at 600 because they only have 65 moa. I got to thinking I would like a bit less taper so II could zero 3-400 yds because I dont have a 600 yd range close. So I put a set of the burris Z rings on it with the 5moa. bushing. It is now 4.5 in. high at 100 and 5 in high at 400 good. However the windage is almost out of addjustment? has anyone else had an Issue like that with the z rings. Thanks

Move the ring inserts to compensate for the windage Front biased toward the correction rear opposite correction
For example if you need left correction go 10 oclock in the front and 4 oclock in the rear. You lose a touch of up correction but gain a bunch of windage to recenter the windage erector assembly in the turret. The directions that come with the rings should explain this with pictures

Move the ring inserts to compensate for the windage Front biased toward the correction rear opposite correction
For example if you need left correction go 10 oclock in the front and 4 oclock in the rear. You lose a touch of up correction but gain a bunch of windage to recenter the windage erector assembly in the turret. The directions that come with the rings should explain this with pictures
Thanks I understand that ,I was just wanting to find out if anyone else had that trouble, I still have 6 moa left so I will most likely let it be!

Just my opinion...but I don't think I would let that one ride, especially on such a beast of a rifle. With the turret almost maxed out (in any direction) I think it can possibly degrade the performance, optically and mechanically.
+1. I use them on sub 30 cal standard cartridges. BignGreen has said that on braked 300 win mags they had slippage. Your well above that kind of performance

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.