Scope Mount Help

Dalebow

OK got my scope mounted, everything lapped, leveled, snugged down. use the old bore sight of looking thru bore at a spot on target, cross hairs were couple inches high, so I turn the dial down and the cross hairs move up away from target dot, I move dial "up" and it lowers into the target dot, is this normal when bore sighting that you turn the dial opposite of direction you need it to go?
thanks

OK got my scope mounted, everything lapped, leveled, snugged down. use the old bore sight of looking thru bore at a spot on target, cross hairs were couple inches high, so I turn the dial down and the cross hairs move up away from target dot, I move dial "up" and it lowers into the target dot, is this normal when bore sighting that you turn the dial opposite of direction you need it to go?
thanks
Yes you have to move it the opposite direction when looking through the barrel borsighting.gun) :)

Thats what I thought, been a while and thought I had a mis marked knobs for a min, now I remember. Taking the R8 to the range in the morning:D

thanks

Dont feel badly.... I screw it up with every scope I mount!!! If I cant see some sort of target while looking thru the scope at the same time....I end up turning the screws the wrong way.....:)

While looking at the same time it doesnt matter which way I turn the screws....I can see the reticule move and can see if Im going the correct way.......if Im not I can STOP....and twist the screw the other direction!!lightbulb

Dad never said I was the brightest bulb in the pack!.......lol

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.