• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scope for vintage 10/22

quigley257

Greetings. I have acquired an older Ruger 10/22. It's in really nice shape and I don't believe it has much collector value so I intend to shoot it. I like the nice hardwood stock with the wide forend. I'd like to find a period correct 4× scope to mount on it. I had the perfect candidate for it about two years ago. It was a 1970 vintage 4× Tasco. Unfortunately I had no plans at that time to buy another 10/22, especially an older model, so I donated it and 4 other various scopes to a veterans giveaway on Wes Sages website. So now I am looking for something similar to outfit this rifle. I wouldn't be opposed to a low power period correct variable either, but a fixed 4× seems ideal. The rifle is like new, so I'm looking for a scope that's not too beat up. Please let me know if you have a something that might fit the bill for this. Thanks for looking!!

20200613_212207.jpg

20200613_212119.jpg

Thank you for the responses so far. Still looking for a scope. Definitely want a 1" tube, nothing smaller. Thanks again!

I have a Weaver Marksman 4x, excellent condition 1" tube, duplex reticle. Asking $140 plus shipping . Been in the safe most of it's life.

Thanks again for the replies. I was checking out the Leupold 4X fixed on their website. I was surprised to see that it was offered in a gloss finish. However, when I clicked on it to get the model number, it says no longer available. I sent them an email and they responded that they no longer offer ANY gloss scopes. The search continues. I have a line on a 4X fixed Weaver locally, but have to wait for the owner to return to town before I can check it out.

If you're still looking for a scope, I have an older Simmons 3-9x32 that's been in my safe for years---if you can use it, you're welcome to it. PM me your address