Scope for the GP 100?

YZ-80

Hi guys,

I just ordered a Jack Weigand picatinny rail for my 6" GP100. I'm wanting to get an optic that will hold up and Won't break the bank in this semi-hyper inflationary environment we've found ourselves in. I'm lookin at the Burris 2 X 7 X 32mm for about $330 bucks. Anyone have experience with this scope? Are there others to consider in the price range?

Thanks!

-YZ

I've had a Leupold fixed power 4X on my 6.5" S&W 629 for several years that performs like a champ. No issues. Haven't wanted for more power having killed elk out to 110 yards.

20200902_070910.jpg

Long range has a different meaning when you use a pistol 😂😂
Thank you all for the feedback. I've had this GP 100 for about 12 years now and quite honestly haven't shot it much at all. I had an old pound of Unique and load both .38 spl and .357. It is really fun to shoot! I figured for about 475 bucks, I could take it to the next level so Why not? I do have my own property so I'll get familiar with it when I get the optic and maybe go after a crop damage doe in the late season. I hope to get the scope for my birthday on 11/4. I'm expecting the Weigand rail and silver rings this week. Very excited!

Something to be aware of on the Burris handgun scopes; the eye relief changes when you change the power/magnification. The Leupold's eye relief stays constant throughout the power/magnification range.

I think for a variable pistol scope Leupold is a more expensive and slightly better option But the Burris will do the job. I had the same on my SRH and 353 and were great for square range ammo testing but for off hand hunting I went back to red dots.

JB

I think for a variable pistol scope Leupold is a more expensive and slightly better option But the Burris will do the job. I had the same on my SRH and 353 and were great for square range ammo testing but for off hand hunting I went back to red dots.

JB
I decided to give this a try.
EA373E1E-8865-420E-A8E2-103DD51B7D85.jpeg