• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scheels has Berger 156 EOLs and 140s in stock

Not if they are not on the shelf. Many times items will get moved around to the wrong location in warehouses or shoved off the back of the shelf only to be found and put out for retail later.

Not if they are not on the shelf. Many times items will get moved around to the wrong location in warehouses or shoved off the back of the shelf only to be found and put out for retail later.
Well if you wanna believe thats why Scheels prices are cheaper than Midway so be it.

Well if you wanna believe thats why Scheels prices are cheaper than Midway so be it.
I have to agree. I just got 3 boxes of Berger 230s from another site and midway was 10$ higher per box. I'll confirm when they arrive but I'd bet money they ain't old stock.

Let me explain one more time for those who don't comprehend English. "Old stock" is a term used in inventory management to indicate product that was purchased earlier than the latest shipment. Many companies have gone completely digital in inventory management; so, we, the consumers, can often see two different prices for the same item from the same company depending on who the company purchased those items from and what the shipping and handling charges were.

As an example, three years ago I found 257 Weatherby Magnum ammo from an online retailer for $17.99 a box due to a foul-up in their inventory management system. They switched suppliers and were closing out all the "old stock" to make room for the "new stock" from the new supplier. You can bet your sweet bippy that I bought every box they had available at that price. Afterwards, they restocked from the new supplier and the prices were back up to 87.99 a box. It was the same ammo, just a different wholesaler.

BTW- I'm not defending Midway, I buy from all the online retailers based on who has the best deal (including shipping) for the items I want. I buy a lot of stuff from Graf's simply because by the time you add shipping in from the other retailers, Graf's is the best value with their $9.95 shipping.