Savage msr precision conversion

Varmiter71

I am wanting to convert a savage msr precision from 6.5 creedmoor to 22 creedmoor maybe 22-250.
I am worried about bullet blowups so I am thinking about doing an 8 twist. My friend is thinking of a 7.7 twist. I am in south west Nebraska at 2100-2200 feet. So I think that I would be ok with the twist.
The precision has a plus 2 gas tube and I am planning to use the parts.
I was also wanting to keep the barrel shorter 20-22 inches. Again I am worried about bullet blowup. I had friends who ran a 22-6 mm and they would have issues every once in a while with blowups, and I am wanting to run a suppressor.
So I am wanting some advice and opinions from the vast knowledge here.
Thanks for all that is to come

What bullet weights are you wanting use? Most up to 90gr would need a 7 going over the 75gr mark. Heavier (95gr according to Sierra) requires a 6.5 unless velocities are over 2,600 (maybe be 2,650) fps. That should be easy for the creed at 20". I'm about the same elevation.

Can you swap the barrel on that rig with a standard ar10 barrel? I had an msr hunter, and I think I remember reading that they don't use a standard dpms/lr308 barrel. I could be wrong though.

Can you swap the barrel on that rig with a standard ar10 barrel? I had an msr hunter, and I think I remember reading that they don't use a standard dpms/lr308 barrel. I could be wrong though.
Some dpms (gen1) have/use armalite barrel threads, but are still dpms compatible. I'm not 100% on my research, but the savage threads might be different than dpms and armalite? If you're using the same nut and handguard with appropriate extension you should be gtg. Call savage or barrel manufacturer for better answers. I'm not familiar with savage msr products.

I have a bunch of 75&80 grain amax and a few 88 grain eld that I will be using.
I have heard that the barrel is dpms configuration but the barrel nut is proprietary. And I plan on reusing everything except the barrel

I have a bunch of 75&80 grain amax and a few 88 grain eld that I will be using.
I have heard that the barrel is dpms configuration but the barrel nut is proprietary. And I plan on reusing everything except the barrel
It seems proprietary, but an 8 twist should cover your needs.