• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage bottom bolt release stock

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I'm trying to find a after market stock for my savage model 11 308 win vt bull barrel action screw width is 4.40 bottom bolt release let me know if you have one that will work or know of a stock and model of stock that fits thanks

Last edited:
I got a pro varmint and a prairie hunter the finish on them are great they look good for fit they were good for most part I had to inlet and take out would around the barrel nut and lug but I also have large shank and I put custom barrels on so I was expecting that. And I had to remove some wood for the bolt stop trigger reset lever to move freely. Then I glass bedded both of them. It only took about a week and half from when I ordered to delivery. They cut every stock once you order and there not in warehouse collecting moisture or getting banged around

Attachments

• 6F51FA4F-23A7-4FE6-9C88-24530DDDEDD6.jpeg
    6F51FA4F-23A7-4FE6-9C88-24530DDDEDD6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 233371B9-E173-4C7F-A796-FAB266FAA700.jpeg
    233371B9-E173-4C7F-A796-FAB266FAA700.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
I got a pro varmint and a prairie hunter the finish on them are great they look good for fit they were good for most part I had to inlet and take out would around the barrel nut and lug but I also have large shank and I put custom barrels on so I was expecting that. And I had to remove some wood for the bolt stop trigger reset lever to move freely. Then I glass bedded both of them. It only took about a week and half from when I ordered to delivery. They cut every stock once you order and there not in warehouse collecting moisture or getting banged around
Those look nice.I've been looking at both those models and I'm not sure if it's worth investing in the adjustable cheak riser or not. Can you tell much difference in the weight? Also did you upgrade to pillars as well?

The pro varmint is heavier and can tell the difference for sure the prairie hunter has a shorter lop so there is some weight reduction there but the pro varmint is very well balanced I can grab it right at the front part of the clip and it's perfectly balanced and if you do that with the hunter it's a little nose heavy. I did not go with pillars due to the glass bedding I got you can pillar with also so I made sure I got some in the holes for screws everything is solid in there. I almost got the cheek riser as well but I didn't want the extra weight of it.

The pro varmint is heavier and can tell the difference for sure the prairie hunter has a shorter lop so there is some weight reduction there but the pro varmint is very well balanced I can grab it right at the front part of the clip and it's perfectly balanced and if you do that with the hunter it's a little nose heavy. I did not go with pillars due to the glass bedding I got you can pillar with also so I made sure I got some in the holes for screws everything is solid in there. I almost got the cheek riser as well but I didn't want the extra weight of it.
Okay I wasn't sure.it will be going on a bull barrel 308 that's 24 inchs.the factory rifle weigh 9 pounds with no scope or anything.this will be mostly still hunting rifle and varmint rifle and for target shooting.im not sure which to get really.ive also looked at the thumb hole varmint as well

Well I bet with the bull barrel you will have to open up the stock around the nut area and farther down. When I got the stocks they both weighed right around that 2.8 lbs and you can take but plate off and take weight out of that if ya wanted to lighten it up some more which I have not done yet cuz I like the way it balances both the guns I pictured weigh right at the 9 lb Mark scoped or just under

Okay I looked on there web sight and going by there inlet measurements and what my barrel measures I shouldn't have to but I know some times there measurements can be off and yea I've looked on line on reviews and people say you can drill out at different places to lighten them or balance them