• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage Actions available for you to build up as you wish

Northlander

We just did a deal that got us access to most Savage actions. Our base pricing is as follows - all New-In-Box:
Savage Action - receiver, bolt, magazine follower, trigger, recoil lug and barrel nut.

Available in .378, .473 and .532 bolt faces

Blued Action - $285.00
Stainless Action - $335.00

Extra cost options:
Add Accu-Trigger to Blued Action - $35.00
Add Accu-Trigger to Stainless Action - $20.00
Order Left Hand Receiver in Blued or Stainless - $8.00
Single Shot Action - no extra charge

Jim Briggs
[email protected]

What machining is required to fit a barrel to one of these actions? I've never worked with Savage before so just thought I'd ask.
Will the .532 bolt face accept the 300 rum series cases? What is the biggest case you can use with their magnum sized actions?
Do they have two sized actions like Rems?
Thanks in advance
Dave

If you have Savage specific questions, head on over to www.savageshooters.com... a number of articles and whatnot that should answer a lot of your questions up front, plus a dedicated forum.

About the bolt face sizes, I don't know. But as far as fitting the barrel... zero machining required. Thats what the barrel nut is for. Buy a pre-threaded and chambered (PTC) barrel from Pac-Nor or Sharp Shooter Supply (Fred Moreo, Savage guru, stocks Douglass but can get other on request) and follow the instructions in the articles on the site. You can have a barrel made w/ a shoulder on the barrel ala Remchester and have it fitted by a gunsmith, if you want/need a heavier profile than a factory medium-varmint barrel.

HTH,

Monte

Savage lists calibers up to the 338 Win Mag and 300 Rem Ultra Mag. These are based off the .532 bolt face actions.
As was already mentioned, due to the screw in barrel design that allows you to screw on and head space your own new barrel, several shooters like the ease of use with these Savage actions. The .532 bolt face would be required to make up the magnum caliber you are asking about. You will also need the "Large Barrel Shank" if you are going to use one of the Savage WSM or Ultra Mag barrels.

You bring up an interesting point with barrel shank size. Im planning a project gun for the summer in a RUM based wildcat. You don't specify if these are large shank or small, or if they can be had in the crf boltface or only in the pushfeed. Iwas told by a tech with savage that the push feed has trouble feeding the RUM/WSM cases, hence the crf boltface. Is this a limited supply of are you going to have a steady flow?

These Savage Actions are available in either barrel shank size at this point, have both. It is my understanding that Savage employs the Controlled Round Feed or CRF series. As to availability, I presently have good inventory and can get more. The success of this effort will be based on customer support. If I see some actions that are not desired they will be dropped.

Re: Savage Actions

Hi Jim-

Being a lefty, I'm wondering if you have or can get the Stryker action in stainless as well? I've been toying with the thought of an inexpensive left bolt/right port rifle for a while now. Would the pricing be the same if available? Thank you.

-Rick

I am not able to get the Striker Action you are asking about. I can however get a left Hand Stainless actions in either the short or long action.

I would like to buy one from you but i do not have the funs now. I am am wanting to build a 300 rum and want to build it of the savage stainless action. I was just checking to make sure there was no time limit on buyiing them from you.

I currently have two non-Accu-Trigger Stainless WSM Actions in stock. The availability of the Savage Actions without the Accu-Trigger is rapidily drying up. If you wait too long we may have to go with the newer Accu-Trigger Action. At present, I still have a good supply. If Savage prices go too high I may not carry these anymore. Current plans are to try to have these on hand. All I can really say at this time.

The WSM Actions are designed for the Short Action magnum cases. You would need a 116 Long Action to be able to handle the cartridge size required for the RUM.

Northlander,

Do you have any actions that will fit the Ultra Mags? I am wanting to build a 7mm STW, and I need an Ultra Mag lenght action to make it a repeater.
Thanks
Gene Cole III

Have Savage Actions that will fit the Rem 300 UM. That should work. Send me an e-mail and we can get this going.