• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage 308/6mm Creedmoor

TAZMAN

I picked up a nice 308 on here so I am putting this one up for sale. It is a factory Savage model 10 with the factory B&C stock. Excellent trigger and shoots 168 grain Berger hunting vld's in .36 3 shot groups with factory muzzle brake. It comes with a factory 6mm Creedmoor barrel that can be swapped on also. Both barrels fit the stock perfect and both barrels are less than 400 rounds. I had the 308-barrel throated for the 178 ELDM but it likes the 168 Berger better. The 6mm Creedmoor barrel likes the 105 Bergers. I can supply load data to the buyer. I am not interested in selling the barrel separate unless the 308 rifle sells. $1200 plus shipping for the combo. I can supply a shot group video for the buyer also. This was the original base gun that I was going to customize but it shot too good to do that. I used the twin to this one that was a little more used. That build is in another thread.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Video when load developing the 168 Berger. The center is 4 shots. The flier was me. Cold bore usually increased the group size just little but not that bad!!lol

1706359593496.png

Trades-Leopold Mark 5 optic, thermal scope (can add cash where needed), 45 -1911 style pistol.

Am I to high on this? After throating the barrels, I have a lot more in it than I am asking?

If the 308 rifle sells first, then I would split the combo, but I don't have to sell it. I just thought it would make someone a great combo for a reasonable price. I would sell the 308 complete rifle for $950 plus shipping. Like it says above, I had the barrels throated for the 178ELM and the 105 Berger since Savage has little to no free bore. I can always throw it back in the safe if it doesn't sell.

I don't mind helping someone out that may not be able to afford a custom, but I can justify giving it away. I took it to my local gun store this morning so maybe it will sell there.

Since there wasn't any interest in this, I decided to pull the barrels and sell them individually. $150 each plus shipping since I spent money having them throated. I will build a twin diamond fluted barrel to the 308 I did earlier. I realize the savage action seems to hurt the sale but my other one shoots .2moa so this one will be a 6mm creedmoor.