• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 300 Win Mag semi custom w/ Kreiger 5R

mwflydog

Savage 300 Win Mag semi custom - SOLD

This rifle has a Stainless Steel Savage Target Action with the Target AccuTrigger. Heavy duty recoil lug in place of the stock recoil lug. Kreiger Stainless Steel 5R rifle barrel with the Remington Varmint contour, finished with an 11 degree target crown at 26". The action is pillar and glass bedded into a Savage Laminated Wood Varmint Stock. The barrel is free floated beyond the chamber. The recoil pad has been replaced with a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad. Also, the rifle comes with a EGW 1 Piece Picatinny Style 20 MOA scope base.

The rifle has exactly 46 rounds through it. Shoots extremely well with factory ammo, haven't used hand loads yet. Barrel was properly broken in with careful cleaning using a lucas bore guide to avoid any risk of damage to the hand lapped Kreiger barrel.

I have over $1200 invested with gunsmithing expenses. Will take $1000 shipped to your FFL.

I'm selling the rifle after realizing that its a bit too heavy to lug up Colorado mountains for hunting, gonna build another with a lighter contour and stock.

mwflydog

mwflydog

Last edited:
Nice looking stick man. If I had the money I would be all over this. Good luck selling it.

Ok, $900. That's the best I can do. As long a wait as it is for Kreiger's these days, I think its a good deal. The barrel has been just barely broken in, that's it. Otherwise, its completely new, not a scratch on the stock. Absolutely mint!

Sir,

Does the $900 include shipping?

Who did the work on the gun, Kreiger or someone else?

Was the chamber throated for a specific bullet (i.e. 210 gr)?

How heavy is the gun and how is the recoil for that gun?

Which factory ammo did you shoot in it and what is very good accuracy?

Thanks,

Yes, the $900 includes shipping. The gun wasn't chambered to a specific bullet, it was my first build and i gather it was a standard reamer for that caliber. I haven't started loading my own, so I haven't measured the distance to the lands yet (still have to buy that stuff). I was using the HSM Trophy Gold ammo with the berger VLD bullets, 185 grain. Originally planned on shooting the 210's, but they didn't have them in stock the day that I bought the ammo. The recoil feels no worse than my buddy's 308, really not bad. But the gun is on the heavy side, which helps with that, and it has a nice recoil pad from Sims. As it sits (no scope, sling, or bipod), it weighs 11.0 lbs. I weighed myself with and without the rifle a few times to get that number. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oh, no Kreiger didn't do the work, a local gunsmith shop did it for me. I could probably get the reamer specs if you need them.