• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 12BVT with an 8 Twist, 26” Shilen Stainless Select Match Barrel - 223 Wylde

thorbird

I have a Savage 12BVT with accu-trigger and an 8 Twist, 26" Shilen Stainless Select Match - Small Shank - Varmint – barrel chambered in 223 Wylde. The Shilen barrel is new, and was broken in with 30 rounds following the procedure recommended by Shilen. It showed that it was going to be a great shooter, which is to be expected with a 22 caliber Shilen barrel. I have many more photos for anyone interested in seeing more. I am selling the gun because I bought it from a forum listed as a centerfeed action, which is what I wanted, but it is actually a 4.25 staggered feed action.

For those who don't know, the 223 Wylde chamber was designed as a best of both worlds chamber for competition in order to shoot .223 Remington and 5.56 NATO rounds in one chamber. It was designed with the AR15 in mind, and I have had a Wylde chamber in an AR, and I loved it. The freebore is perfect for the 80 grain sized bullets that match the 1 in 8 twist rate. The previous owner set this gun is up to shoot up to grain bullets to 600 yards for competition. I can provide the load data to the buyer, given to me by the previous owner that he settled on.

Selling the action, machined Northlander recoil lug, EGW 20 MOA base, Shilen Select Match .223 Wylde 26" varmint weight barrel with 30 rounds fired, and thumbhole stock. The original 9 twist high gloss blued fluted barrel with about 500 rounds fired, which was an excellent shooter with 52 and 69 grain bullets is also available.

$695 Shipped or Best Offer to the lower 48.

Northland Shooters Supply link can be found at at savageshooters.com, where the barrel and items listed below were purchased. Here is the updated information the cost:

26" – Shilen Stainless Select Match - Small Shank - Varmint - 223 Wylde - 8 Twist - $339.00. With the oversized competition machined recoil lug, and new SS barrel nut, the total was $445.00.

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

Re: Savage 12BVT with an 8 Twist, 26" Shilen Stainless Select Match Barrel - 223 Wyld

PM sent

Re: Savage 12BVT with an 8 Twist, 26" Shilen Stainless Select Match Barrel - 223 Wyld

Pm Sent.

Payment sent.

Gun showed up and is perfect.
Thanks again Pete