Savage 110 trigger suggestions?

I'm partial to rifle basix, I like the competition one that sell's for about $150. Easy to install and adjust or a local smith can set it up for you. It's totally adjustable and break's very crisp. Timney makes one still I believe also. Either should please you over the factory one.

"Older" savage 110s can be misleading. Pre 1966 110s had an adjustable trigger but no direct replacements were available for those models. Although a Timney or RB could be fit with all the safety parts & sear of a later model and the receiver could be milled on the side for the bolt release lever on the sear.

The next generations of 110s however had the Savage 3 screw trigger until the early 2000s. The 3 screw trigger is adjustable but there are several modifications that can be done to improve it.

Finally aftermarket triggers such as the RB-Sav 2 mentioned above as well as the RB-Sav 1 and Timney are direct replacements and all can serve as good hunting triggers.
The discontinued SSS trigger was and is an excellent trigger capable of 12 oz. There are a few that come up for sale used on occasion.
Also the recent Jard trigger has had excellent reviews although speedy (over $200).

Lately I've modified a couple of the old 3 screw triggers for full adjustability and they are just as good or better than the Timney or RB-Sav 1.

There are options depending on your application.

Good luck,
Randy

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.