Satellite services?

jdavistx

Has anyone had experience with Iridium Satellite services? I've been looking at satellite/text/gps/map combos. Yes, you have to pay a service fee. Something like a Garmin inReach Explorer.

dok7mm

I've had the Garmin InReach Explorer for about 4 years, it's a great safety product. My son just borrowed it for his Artic Caribou hunt.

There are several usage options available and you can turn it on/off as you need it. I use the new Safety Package, about $16 per month.

jebel

Garmin InReach does use the Iridium network. Are you asking about any service using that network, or services/products offered direct from Iridium? Several vendors partner with Iridium (I have a post asking for feedback on the Zoleo product, which also uses the Iridium network).

Dinosaur hunter

LRH Team Member
Another one to look at is the iridium go. I work in the marine electronic field. The in reach is a great product but almost every Capt gets the go instead. You can make phone calls as well as text plus some data for emails if important. Just one more option To look at.

Trending threads