SAKO A7

Goose71

looking to rebarrel a A7 from a270win to a25-06. Iooking to go with preferred barrel blanks.Just looking for some advice to go this route or just get a different rifle. I've had a 25-06 in the past 1remmy and 1 ruger had issues with both. I'm not really in to the clip magazine this is a truck gun. Maybe Winchester m70. Looking for pros and cons. Thanks in advance. Bruce

I like both the 270 and 25-06 but for a truck gun I like a short action chambering that will shine with a shorter barrel length makes it easier to get it in and out of the window when I am in the pasture my truck gun is a 20 inch 7mm-08 but there is alot of other options out there good luck with what ever you choose

You can't get rid of the clip but you can get aluminum bottom metal for it. I switched out a 25-06 last year and the lilja contour matched perfectly. I didn't get the barrel back, and it shot like crap anyway. You can consider the medium action perfect for SA cartridges that suffer from bullets being seated short.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.