S&B Classic 4-16x50mm turrets

idig4au

Hello,

I'm using a S&B classic scope with the standard A8 reticle, strictly for hunting purposes. I'm very happy with the glass (absolutely outstanding), but still getting used to the FFP and the thick reticle.

Has anyone modifed their S&B scope using custom aftermarket turrents and if so, how successful was it? Is Kenton Industries the only ones that do this? How difficult is it to install on this scope?

What is the best approach to have one made?

If I have a 300 yard zero with this scope on standard bases, how much elevation travel can I get. It is my understanding that the classic model doesn't have much elevation adjustments. I'm looking at shooting no more then say 700 - 800 yards. I'm runnning a 30-378

I'm looking for something to help with hold overs past 500 yards. Up to that point, I have a good understanding of my ballistics. But after that, its a thumbsucking guess for me.

From your experience is this practical and possible with this scope? Yeah, I know I should have gone with the PMII but didn't want to spend another 1k and I don't like mill dots and a cluttered sight picture. I'm more old school.

Thanks in advance

With that scope there is only 11 inches of elevation. I ordered mine with BDC knobs right from the factory. With the BDC knobs i have 16 inches of elevation. I've got mine on a 243. I do like that scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.