Schmidt and Bender 4-16X50mm

Matt

I currently have a S&B 4-16x PMII mounted atop my 338 Lapua Timberwolf. It is a great scope, I really like how the Mil rad clicks corrispond to the Mildot reticle. If you are getting the integral 20 moa tapered scope base like I got then you will not be able to use all 68 MOA of the elevation adjustment.

Above my 100 yard zero I have 13.3 Mils which equals 47.88 MOA of usable elevation adjustment. Which is far enough to get me to around 1600 yards give or take 50 yards.

I am planning on putting a NXS 5-22x with some Barrett adjustable rings on it to allow me to utilize the full 95-100 MOA adjustment range.

I am going to hang onto the S&B because I like it so much.

I already have the Barrett rings and boy do these look tough! The NXS is due to arrive within the next week or two. I thought the rings would put my scope up way too high but it turns out the gap between my objective bell and my barrel will only be like .25" which is pretty reasonable.

S1,

I guess it depends who you talk to. I have 2 Swarovski scopes and 2 S&B Scopes. My 4 to 16 X 50 PM II has better low light functionality then either of my Swarovski's.

Don
smile.gif

S1,

I have never hunted in any lab. All I can go by is what my eyes tell me while out in the field, hunting. I haven't compared the S&B 4 to 16 X 50 PM II to the Nightforce line of scopes so I can't say what the differences are, if any.

Don

I think the low light capability of the S&B with a 50mm objective will obviously be a bit less than the larger 56mm objectives.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.