Russian Rainbows

shimoda

I'm leaving for the Kamchatka penninsula this weekend on a two week exploratory trout/ salmon trip. Two unfished, unfloated drainages. Helicopter in.
Second trip there for me. Huge trout on large mouse patterns, brown bears daily, zero people [besides us].
I'll miss my daily reading on LRH. Will post pictures when I return.

Sam

In case you think nobody cared. I care. Post some pictures, when you get back.

I am sure the fresh fish must taste really great. Probably much better than the chicken patty sandwich and tater tots I had tonight.

Don't feed the bears!

Thanks

Hey MontanaRifleman, you mean like this one?:D

P5050011.jpg

I went over in 2004 for a bear hunt. Note the "mechanics" on top of the helicopter. They also flew the bird. We stood around while they worked on it for about 1 1/2 hours; when we went to board they said "Niet, niet". Drove us to a field about a mile away; they wanted to take the bird up first to make sure it flew! Sure built up our confidence...:rolleyes:

Shimoda, can't wait to hear your story. Please post some pix. -- Don

I made it back and have been crazy catching up with work and preparing for some hunting. I haven't even downloaded pictures from the camera yet.
I cought hundreds of trout, char and salmon, survived many flights on the MI8 helos, and got up close and personal with dozens of bears.
This was the second trip to Kamchatka for me and I'm afraid its gotten so far under my skin that I'll have to return again.
I'm getting ready to leave on a Wyoming goat trip, so I'll have to post pictures later.
This is my first season with longer range capability so I'm really excited to stretch out my new rifle on something other than paper.
Pronghorn next week and elk/ deer third season Colorado.
Life is good

Outstanding! Was afraid maybe a Russian Bear ate you for lunch or something!!!

Enjoy your hunt - am looking forward to the photos!

Regards, Guy

Glad to hear you made it back, and with more memories. Will look forward to your photos and more details when you have time. Enjoy your hunting. -- Don

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.