Ruger Precision Rimfire @ 300 Yards

Vamike9

Well guys, this is elr for a 22lr for sure...
Yes I have shot out to approximately 500yds with 22lr before, however the hits I've made on a 4in steel plate at 300yds have been impressive to me at least...
This was all done with the Ruger Precision Rimfire below.
Here's a video of me shooting the 4in steel plate(end of video) if you wanna check it out?

My son and I have been doing 22 long rang e for about year now. Sure is fun with quality rifle and scope. Pretty amazing to max out my scope's elevation and hold more wind than what needed for centerfire.

My son and I have been doing 22 long rang e for about year now. Sure is fun with quality rifle and scope. Pretty amazing to max out my scope's elevation and hold more wind than what needed for centerfire.
It really is fun for the whole family.
I am getting a T1X soon and plan to take that one out to 500yds.

T1X looks like great rifle. Only suggestions would be scope with lots elevation and this is where quality ammo show's it's stuff. Learned quickly that ammo can be great at 100 and not worth flip at 300 much less 500.

T1X looks like great rifle. Only suggestions would be scope with lots elevation and this is where quality ammo show's it's stuff. Learned quickly that ammo can be great at 100 and not worth flip at 300 much less 500.
Absolutely, Federal GM Target worked well for me.
SK makes good stuff too...

someone needs to move this OUT OF THIS FORUM...IT IS NOT ELR, 300 AINT LONG RANGE
Since long range means different things depending on caliber, I posted this for those who are into long range 22lr...
I would say that 22lr at 300yds is not exactly short range based on the 22lr external ballistics.
If no one is interested in this than I'll gladly remove it.

read the RULES 1000 yds and on
Since long range means different things depending on caliber, I posted this for those who are into long range 22lr...
I would say that 22lr at 300yds is not exactly short range based on the 22lr external ballistics.
If no one is interested in this than I'll gladly remove it.

read the RULES 1000 yds and on
I think that holding 11 Mil, at 300 yards is in fact very comparable to 1000yds.
I agree that it said 1000 yards plus.
However, I didn't see anywhere to post extreme range rimfire?...
That's why I believe this was the right place.
As I said if the mod wants me to take it down I will gladly do so.

My point here is to educate not aggravate.

your belief that 300yds is ELR is part of the issue.
the rule clearly says 1000 yards.
bottom line 300 yard shooting does not belong in the 1000 yard plus ELR forum

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.