• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Ruger American Compact 7-08

marksman1941

Nice little compact rifle for a truck gun, kid or wife. Recently bought on here for my wife but was a bit premature, and she wants to stick with 223 for a while longer. So, selling this to get her what she wants.

Probably 300-400 rounds on the rifle. 43 rounds of 120 NBT hand load ammo included, as well as 8 120gr NBT factory, 12 150gr Hornady Precision hunter, and 9 Hornady Custom Lite 120gr sst.

I shot the rifle half a dozen times, my wife shot it twice. It would be a comfortable package for most shooters I think.

Rifle has a Manfrotto foot attached just in front of the magazine to mount to a tripod. Held on by a standard 1/4-20 so any tripod foot will mount there if you so choose.

$450 for the rifle and ammo shipped to the lower 48 (where legal).

Would consider partial trade for a wood stock ruger m77 in 223.

Attachments

• IMG_5610.jpeg
    IMG_5610.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5611.jpeg
    IMG_5611.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5612.jpeg
    IMG_5612.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 113
Interesting use of the Manfrotto plate. I bet it works well with that light rifle. GLWS!

Interesting use of the Manfrotto plate. I bet it works well with that light rifle. GLWS!
You know, I haven't shot it with this plate yet. The previous owner installed it. My tripod has an arca attachment, so I swapped it to arca for the time I had it and it worked great! I'm just not giving up my arca, so I swapped the manfrotto back on

In my experience the Manfrotto isn't large enough to steady a bigger rifle than what you have. I mainly use mine for binos and cameras on tripods. I can see from info gathered here on the web that an Arca is a much better tool for that purpose, though I don't own one. Again, good luck with your sale. Those Ruger's are a very high quality, accurate rifle for not much money (again, my experience, fwiw).

In my experience the Manfrotto isn't large enough to steady a bigger rifle than what you have. I mainly use mine for binos and cameras on tripods. I can see from info gathered here on the web that an Arca is a much better tool for that purpose, though I don't own one. Again, good luck with your sale. Those Ruger's are a very high quality, accurate rifle for not much money (again, my experience, fwiw).
Thanks for the kind words! The previous owner said his kid shot it extensively from the tripod with the manfrotto on it, but I agree anything heavier recoiling probably wouldn't hold up.

It's a good little gun and I wish I had a use for it. But, I'd like to put the funds into a Hawkeye 223 for my wife. She's finally getting Into shooting and I'll do anything to keep her interested!

Last edited:

Recent Posts