Ruger #1 discontinued?

Read that it is true from a Ruger #1 guru on 24hourcampfire in the single shots section. The wood on the new ones has been pretty sad the last couple of years but there are plenty of nice ones out there on the used market. I've got a beautiful 1V 6mm Remington that is definitely NOT for sale.:D

Ruger seems to be following a huge business plan, joining at the hip with Hornady and the NRA. They are focused on making inexpensive guns which will sell by the millions and forgo the more expensive to produce models.

Really leaning to the tactical/Home Defense market. Nothing wrong with this but looks like no more Higher quality, hunting guns.

Looks like ruger made a hell of a jump with their RPR and RAR lines which is probably what opened a lot of eyes. Isn't the #1 pretty much their only high end rifle? Everything else is decent but not in the 1k range, mostly 5-700, am I right?

I'd like to get my hands on a #1 in a classic caliber.. 308 or something similar w/ a long barrel life.

They are not discontinued, but the #1 is only available in limited calibers and models that change each year. Lipsey's is the only wholesaler that supplies them. I hope they never stop making them. Used ones are already going up in price.

They are not discontinued, but the #1 is only available in limited calibers and models that change each year. Lipsey's is the only wholesaler that supplies them. I hope they never stop making them. Used ones are already going up in price.

Sadly, I understand that Lipsey has informed Ruger that they will stop the program.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.