Ruger #1 375CT

Coyoter

First off, this is not a done deal, I'm in the R&D stage and testing the waters.
I currently own a pair of 300wbys, one on an Encore that's my LR bench gun and one in a Ruger #1. I'm looking to stretch my distance some with a bigger gun. I've been crunching numbers and reading posts for a bit now and have pretty much decided the 375 Cheytac is the way to go. Is this something that my #1 can accommodate? I've read posts saying that the case head size could be an issue. How much of one? I'll throw in here too, that I'm not concerned with the accuracy part of the equation, my #1 is quite a shooter and I'm quite confident I can get 1/2 - 1/4 MOA out of it, especially rebarreled with a quality heavy match barrel. While we're at it, I guess I should ask what the largest contour you think I can get away with is.
Any thoughts, suggestion, recommendations, .... whatever, will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Coyoter

coyoter, the belt diameter of a std mag obvously clears ok, but my recollection is that the trough won't take much more (.531-.535") as is. Also, I think that 1.2" shank diameter is the largest that will clear the tang. Doesn't sound like an ideal platform for a Cheytac.

50 Driver probably can get specific if he sees this thread.

I'll watch too, I like # 1's.

Good luck, Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.