Ruger #1 issue.

WildBillG

I have a Ruger #1 with a trigger issue. The issue is that the pin in the trigger link keeps falling out. What I need to know is how can I safely secure it to prevent this problem. As it stands I have lost faith in this rifle and want to sell it. How ever I want to fix the trigger first so some one else does not get my problem.

I had 2 thoughts that might work. One was to loctite the ends of the little pin. Then I thought the Loctite may leak through and cause trouble. My second thought was maybe I could soldier the ends of the pin in place. Not sure though if it would hold in place.

WildBill....where you located....a Smith out of pocatello idaho loves working on Rugers and Winchesters....

RL26 I am in Alberta Canada and not so sure about the rules on shipping firearms across the border. ShtrRdy I too have thought about peenig the end of the pin but it is hard to get at. The other issue is the strength of the parts involved they are all just flat metal. The one end of the pin is bigger but apparently when tapped in can shake loose. I made a slightly longer pin this time. My other thought is to put a 6-48 screw through it and a nut on the end and loctite it. This will require drilling the current holes a little larger but not a lot. If I do this will a screw be as strong as the pin?

Pm me and i will give the number for the Smith....he might be able to give you an idea of how to fix it correctly...
Maybe getting a slightly longer pin....
But i wouldn't put a screw in there.....

Ruger hasn't been good about supplying any parts lately.

...I am in Alberta Canada and not so sure about the rules on shipping firearms across the border........

Care to narrow it down?

I know Canadians used to come for shoots etc., not sure about shipping.

Not sure what you mean by narrow it down. I guess what I mean is that the smith may not be able to ship back to me as easily as I could ship to him. As private individuals we can not even buy scope rings from the States now.

......Not sure what you mean by narrow it down. I guess what I mean is that the smith may not be able to ship back to me as easily as I could ship to him. As private individuals we can not even buy scope rings from the States now........[/QUOTE

Are you close to the border?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.