Ruby mountains Nevada unit 101-108(102 landowner tag)

ROOSEVELK

Evening,

I just bought a 2016 Nevada ruby mountains landowner tag from Huntin fool, for me and my construction foreman.

I live in Northern Kalifornia but it's still an 8 hour drive. Muzzleloader season just opened but even though I own the new Remington 700 muzzleloader,) I literally just bought the tag) so no scouting and no realistic plans to do any with work and all.....I can't keep up working 7 days a week:(. I've been looking for nevada landowner tag for months for myself and as a bonus for my foreman, who deserves much more than this.

I'm looking for a starting point and/or as much info as I can get. I'd really appreciate your time I live for hunting, but with work running my life right now, I'm having a hard time spending any time doing anything to get ready. I'm all for doing my own research there's just no way at this point....

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance...I need some help

What time frame are you planning on hunting, permission to hunt private also?

I believe you can only hunt within the land owners property with a land owners tag. Get to
know the land owner and a map showing property lines.

Thanks for replying.... in Nevada all landowner tags are "unit wide" from my understanding you can hunt the property from which the tag was sold as well . I may be off, but that's what I read . Anyone have some more info??:)

That's terrific if you can hunt the entire unit as well as the land owner property. Hunted the Ruby's back in the late 80's and early 90's. Took some nice bucks out of there. We were outside of Jiggs,
in Rattle Snake Canyon, went high upon the Ruby Crest trail as well.

You will want to hunt as late as possible in season. Weather /storms will be the best asset. One of my hunting groups drew back to back the last two years. Give me a couple of days and I can try to pinpoint some areas that will give you a start/ backup reference

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.