Roundup, MT Prairie Dogging?

Rodents on Fed Lands

I just got back from MT for a PD shoot. It was a 3 generation shoot and we had a great time.
Keep in mind that article was written in 2002. it is out of date.
My dad lives in Helena and went into the FWP office and spoke with a game warden about PD shooting and licensing. Especially since my son and I were traveling from WA State for the shoot.
He was advised that since we were going on to private ranch within the Crow Indian Reservation, there would not be any licensing issues - OF ANY KIND.
We had a great time and the access was free.

Tribal lands have nothing to do with regulations on state, BLM or CMR land.
They are basically there own entity.

Between Cheyenne and Wheatland along I -25 is pretty much solid dog towns. Don't know if you can get access, but the dogs are there.
Well, you found my honey hole… Seriously, all of that land is private and it took quite a while and a hook up with a local to get my permission. The owners are big time cattle ranchers. One of them is also a lawyer and leases to an outfitter for antelope hunting and does not allow anyone to shoot dogs (not even me) as an agreement with the outfitter. Now, if you get off I-25 at the NB exit past Chugwater, turn West and go up and around the water windmill, that land is State owned and goes for miles down a very rutted out road. We have had a few good shoots in that area.