Ron in Oregon

RonT

I recently acquired a tikka t3 stainless light weight in 300WM, has a nice scope and was wondering I anyone out there has any experience with these guns as far as what to expect for long rang accuricy? So far Ive only shot it out to 200 with great results! But I've only fire about 10 rounds. And am planning some long rang testing next week. Thanks

You bet best out of the box rifle Ive ever owned, adjust the trigger to 2# and gets honest .6" groups all day. Seems to really like RL22 for powder and 180 BT. Gave it to my daughter and shes been shooting 130 TTSX with 4064 and loves it mild recoil and shes 15 and only 90 pounds and can keep them all under a inch. Great rifle for mid ranges 3-400 yards past that its to light for me to shoot in the field consistantly. I took it this year on backpack mulie hunt loved carrying this rifle killed a buck at 400 yards but found it hard to keep steady had to wait a long time and keep taking dry shots before i felt comfortable to send him some lead. Just not enough wieght for me in those situations the slightest heartbeat sends the crosshairs dancing.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.