Robar NP3 or similar coating

ntsqd

Not sure this is the right sub-forum. If I've err'd it can go where most appropriate.

I want to have a bolt assembly, less the shroud, coated in EN-PTFE - commonly known in firearms as "NP3" due to Robar more or less pioneering the process in this industry. Not to say that they pioneered the process on the whole, just that they were the most successful in marketing it to firearms.

Anyway, who else reputable does service? I know of one other company that does this work in the aerospace industry, but after my last go-round with them I won't mention or recommend them to anyone for anything.
Robar now will only accept parts from gunsmiths on their approved list. At least that is what I was told when I called with some questions. Problem is that last that I looked they had not published this list. I know this isn't what their web page still says (I just looked), but I was told that if I shipped them anything to be plated that they would return it.

My understanding was Robbie was shutting down.Do some research on RF85 metal treatment, they have 2 divisions one for car/engine parts and one for weapons/parts. Good luck.

Thanks! That's interesting, had not heard of that.

RF85 is intriguing, but I was looking for EN-PTFE solely for the cosmetics with the lubricity & corrosion protection being a bonus but not the goal.

My understanding was Robbie was shutting down.Do some research on RF85 metal treatment, they have 2 divisions one for car/engine parts and one for weapons/parts. Good luck.

That's too bad; I have NP3+ on one of mine, and it's pretty awesome.

In a way that's kind of funny to me. Before earning my Engineering degree I was the tech who in the mid 80's assembled the experimental vacuum chambers where some of those coatings were developed.
http://pvitechnology.com/

Specifically I wanted the color of EN-PTFE combined with the tribologic performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.