Rilfe Group Fell Off

I have a 25.06 Weatherby with Swarovski scope on it. My rifle groups fell off and opened up. At first I thought it was the scope so I sent it back to Swarovski. While it was gone I rechecked case length it had went from a 2.720 to a 2.780. Still using the same powder charge. i reloaded 2.780 and worked down. Replaced the scope tightened everything down and cleaned it. I dropped seating depth by 10 thousand increments. It finally grouped at 2.760 but not as tight as it used to. I had one flyer out of five shots. It used to group where I could cover them with a quarter at a 100 yards but that's gone. I'm lost I have been reloading for years. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Torque action screws, set the bullet out 3 thou more. Anneal brass. Decopper the barrel. I'd start there. And if your round count is high replace the barrel

I've never owned a weatherby but I own and shoot barrel burners like the 220 SWIFT the 264 WinMag since The mid-70s. In my experience accuracy didnt just fall off it was a gradual process. As for changing seating depth I would have moved out, not in as the throat is moving away due to erosion. the bore on my 264 is badly firecracked and some of the rifling is burned away, but it still shoots under 2MOA it was 1 1/2MOA when new. I'd borescope and give it a good cleaning and recheck all my hardware before giving up on it.

The 25-06 Wby. is a terrific caliber....
when it comes to performance with the new 25 cal. bullets....
also will take the lead out of chamber in less than 400 rounds.....
You pay for performance.........
for a hunting round its hard to beat.....
makes a shooter look good as far as holdover.....
Not sure what the 25/06 Wetherby is. Are we talking 25/06 Remington or 257 Wetherby mag?

Whatever it is that you're measuring is not being communicated properly. That could potentially help.

There are a million things it could be, but the one that is obviously rearing its ugly head is the 1000 shots. That's a lot for a 25-06.
Yeppers OP is vague so for the OP..
Case OAL base of case to end of case
Cartridge OAL is base of case to end of the bullet in a loaded round.

Recent Posts