• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Rifles, spotter, shotguns, muzzleloaders - safe clean out

TX mountain hunter

SAFE EXCAVATION:
Tired of looking at a full, mostly neglected safe
+
Need funds to justify my recently acquired and irresistible DIY wild sheep addiction. I will struggle to hunt them again until 2030 unless I win a lottery. I will not rely on those odds.
=
Everything is for sale, although some are much more reasonable than others because I just can't sell them all yet.

Not wanting to do trades, but to be honest that's part of the reason I fell into this overloaded safe predicament to begin with. I'd probably entertain long range capable rifles weighing 5 lbs or less or any Alaskan or Canadian proof of residency (kidding). But seriously, nothing else at this time.

No LOWBALL offers unless you're game for some
light hearted, appropriately inappropriate harassment.

Buyer pays for the ride unless you pick them up in Midland, TX. Must be done properly through FFLs as needed.

Below are the values I have on these items. If you don't like the pricing on the ones towards the bottom, you missed the joke. If you don't like the ones at the top, you're butt hurt for waiting too long to read this. Sorted in the order I think they'd sell, but who knows. I was wrong once before :) Almost everything has dies, higher end brass, & components available to buyer first.

Priced at what I believe to be a fair value:

338 edge: semi custom, low round count (193), light enough for hunting (8lb scopeless, 10.1 as it sits), shoots good, just doesn't seem to get any use.

$1,700 bare w radial brake
Or
$3,800 as it sits w NX8, NF UL rings, 5 port TiPro side port brake, flip caps, bubble level, etc

Dies & tons of components available to buyer at very reasonable costs.

Previous owner had ¼ MOA load w HPBT & I had a couple ½ MOA loads w eldX & TTSX. Round count estimated at 193.

Remington model 700 action
24" bbl (allowed to cool between shots)
KA Firearms LLC
NX8 Ill. 4-32x50 F1
TiPro 3 ST DLC brake
Redding custom 338 edge die set

Zeiss Gavia 85mm:
$1375 - excellent condition, comes with boxes, soft cover

REM ult muzzleloader:
Market value + components available (send me some comps & a reason why you need it this season, bias towards kids or kickass tags)

Traditional Muzzleloader:
Bought this for a traditional muzzleloader unit. Works great, no use, components and data available. Market value

Remington youth model, 243: Whatever market value is for the rifle (net to me) & the vortex illuminated FFP that sits on it, and all components & load data (lapua brass, dies, bullets, etc).

Shotguns, way too **** many, I pictured two but have 12 & 20, various action types, I just don't know their values. Would Sell at book value net to me.
  • "Benelli Nova pump 2-3/4"" or 3-1/2"" (camo)" Pump
  • "Armsport Mod 2730? 2732? 2762?, 12 ga 26"" SK SK" Over Under
  • Not pictured: "Weatherby 20 gauge, black, SA-08, Paso Robles, CA, Made in Turkey, 2-3/4"" or 3""" Semi Auto

Not pictured: 6.5-280 AI: higher round count, around 700ish (I can look it up), semi custom built from a Remington 700, single set trigger, work done by WTO before he grew. Stil shoots under 1 MOA by a fair amount but not the 0.2 MOA it once was. I'd probably sell it for around $1500 but it's the only one not in the safe at the moment so no pics for a while.

Likely LESS attractive to the buyer (don't get butt hurt I'm pricing these higher than they should, in increasing amounts, somewhat hoping they don't sell)

Fully custom muzzleloader: pics available on request
$3,800 bare
Custom McMillan painted kuiu UL fill stock. Will sell for More w components or NF scope (zeroed and drop calibrated). Well under ½ MOA w high BC Parker hunting bullets and no significant load development. I'll probably get another tag one day but not this year so its up for discussion.

For a mere 130% of book value I'd sell these as they have small amounts of emotional attachment / good memories:
  • Remington 1100 / wood; Semi Auto
  • Remington 870 Super Express Magnum; Pump

22 Henry LR 22, a couple decades old:
More than a touch above market value due to sentimental reasons: $1k

22 Nosler AR: TBH since it's my only ARand I've found some solid high speed low P, TTSX loads I have it marked high (at its value to me): $4k

223 AI
This little fella is a tac driver. Shooting sub ¼ MOA with very little load work and Barnes TTSX. $5k

7WSM: light recoil medium weight carbon bbl that shoots well and the kids enjoy. This gun loves the 180eldM & 175 ABLR. 50 of the eldMs are loaded n ready. $7k w the March scope & all the components you'd want. *disclaimer - My kids love this setup and it is very recoil friendly, probably only $5k or less invested excluding time.

300 Norma AI from LPR (Lane Precision Rifles): 5 port Ti brake; it's been a few years in the making and load development but my son's first elk will be smashed with this beast this fall . $8,000 scopeless + a sincere apology / hunt offer to my oldest son to make it worth it. (Again, I don't WANT to sell this similar to others in this section and the section below, hence the unreasonable price)

Insert humorous emoji
Likely the MOST unattractive for buyers (why haven't you already stopped reading yet?):

300 PRC: Defiance action, higher end short carbon bbl & AGS composite stock; insane lightweight hunting rifle I stumbled on by chance when a build wasn't ready in time. Shoots one hole groups w high BC hunting bullets & sits at a scopeless 6.26# w a 4 port brake:
$8,000 scoped is my price despite it being in the $4k price range (excluding load development time). Price may lower once a LPR build arrives but it may also increase if it shoots the 210 ABLRs in the .1s or .2s like it does the 245 grain bergers.

Marlin 30/30 deer rifle: over 20 years old, first deer rifle. $15k is my asking price despite it likely costing under $500 at the time.

284 Winchester ultralight semi custom: 5.12 # bare that drops 168 ABLR right where they're supposed to be as far as I'd want to take a shot at a sheep and then some. The only thing that could pry this memory maker out of my hands at this point is another sheep hunt, which is why I'm pricing it at $30,500, despite it having roughly $2k into it.

🙃

Hope you enjoyed the humor at the bottom half of this post, and feel free to PM with questions on the items posted at the top.

Attachments

• IMG_2571.jpeg
    IMG_2571.jpeg
    563.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
With regards to the sweet 284 for sale, just wanted to make sure you were including charter flights, gratuity for guides, packers, pilots, base camp cooks, any potential trophy fees. Taxidermist. Add on animals. Celebration dinner on return home. Souvenirs for family. Mental and physical suffering for a long sheep hunt. Inflation!
😁🤣😁🤣😁🤣

SAFE EXCAVATION:
Tired of looking at a full, mostly neglected safe
+
Need funds to justify my recently acquired and irresistible DIY wild sheep addiction. I will struggle to hunt them again until 2030 unless I win a lottery. I will not rely on those odds.
=
Everything is for sale, although some are much more reasonable than others because I just can't sell them all yet.

Not wanting to do trades, but to be honest that's part of the reason I fell into this overloaded safe predicament to begin with. I'd probably entertain long range capable rifles weighing 5 lbs or less or any Alaskan or Canadian proof of residency (kidding). But seriously, nothing else at this time.

No LOWBALL offers unless you're game for some
light hearted, appropriately inappropriate harassment.

Buyer pays for the ride unless you pick them up in Midland, TX. Must be done properly through FFLs as needed.

Below are the values I have on these items. If you don't like the pricing on the ones towards the bottom, you missed the joke. If you don't like the ones at the top, you're butt hurt for waiting too long to read this. Sorted in the order I think they'd sell, but who knows. I was wrong once before :) Almost everything has dies, higher end brass, & components available to buyer first.

Priced at what I believe to be a fair value:

338 edge: semi custom, low round count (193), light enough for hunting (8lb scopeless, 10.1 as it sits), shoots good, just doesn't seem to get any use.

$1,700 bare w radial brake
Or
$3,800 as it sits w NX8, NF UL rings, 5 port TiPro side port brake, flip caps, bubble level, etc

Dies & tons of components available to buyer at very reasonable costs.

Previous owner had ¼ MOA load w HPBT & I had a couple ½ MOA loads w eldX & TTSX. Round count estimated at 193.

Remington model 700 action
24" bbl (allowed to cool between shots)
KA Firearms LLC
NX8 Ill. 4-32x50 F1
TiPro 3 ST DLC brake
Redding custom 338 edge die set

Zeiss Gavia 85mm:
$1375 - excellent condition, comes with boxes, soft cover

REM ult muzzleloader:
Market value + components available (send me some comps & a reason why you need it this season, bias towards kids or kickass tags)

Traditional Muzzleloader:
Bought this for a traditional muzzleloader unit. Works great, no use, components and data available. Market value

Remington youth model, 243: Whatever market value is for the rifle (net to me) & the vortex illuminated FFP that sits on it, and all components & load data (lapua brass, dies, bullets, etc).

Shotguns, way too **** many, I pictured two but have 12 & 20, various action types, I just don't know their values. Would Sell at book value net to me.
  • "Benelli Nova pump 2-3/4"" or 3-1/2"" (camo)" Pump
  • "Armsport Mod 2730? 2732? 2762?, 12 ga 26"" SK SK" Over Under
  • Not pictured: "Weatherby 20 gauge, black, SA-08, Paso Robles, CA, Made in Turkey, 2-3/4"" or 3""" Semi Auto

Not pictured: 6.5-280 AI: higher round count, around 700ish (I can look it up), semi custom built from a Remington 700, single set trigger, work done by WTO before he grew. Stil shoots under 1 MOA by a fair amount but not the 0.2 MOA it once was. I'd probably sell it for around $1500 but it's the only one not in the safe at the moment so no pics for a while.

Likely LESS attractive to the buyer (don't get butt hurt I'm pricing these higher than they should, in increasing amounts, somewhat hoping they don't sell)

Fully custom muzzleloader: pics available on request
$3,800 bare
Custom McMillan painted kuiu UL fill stock. Will sell for More w components or NF scope (zeroed and drop calibrated). Well under ½ MOA w high BC Parker hunting bullets and no significant load development. I'll probably get another tag one day but not this year so its up for discussion.

For a mere 130% of book value I'd sell these as they have small amounts of emotional attachment / good memories:
  • Remington 1100 / wood; Semi Auto
  • Remington 870 Super Express Magnum; Pump

22 Henry LR 22, a couple decades old:
More than a touch above market value due to sentimental reasons: $1k

22 Nosler AR: TBH since it's my only ARand I've found some solid high speed low P, TTSX loads I have it marked high (at its value to me): $4k

223 AI
This little fella is a tac driver. Shooting sub ¼ MOA with very little load work and Barnes TTSX. $5k

7WSM: light recoil medium weight carbon bbl that shoots well and the kids enjoy. This gun loves the 180eldM & 175 ABLR. 50 of the eldMs are loaded n ready. $7k w the March scope & all the components you'd want. *disclaimer - My kids love this setup and it is very recoil friendly, probably only $5k or less invested excluding time.

300 Norma AI from LPR (Lane Precision Rifles): 5 port Ti brake; it's been a few years in the making and load development but my son's first elk will be smashed with this beast this fall . $8,000 scopeless + a sincere apology / hunt offer to my oldest son to make it worth it. (Again, I don't WANT to sell this similar to others in this section and the section below, hence the unreasonable price)

Insert humorous emoji
Likely the MOST unattractive for buyers (why haven't you already stopped reading yet?):

300 PRC: Defiance action, higher end short carbon bbl & AGS composite stock; insane lightweight hunting rifle I stumbled on by chance when a build wasn't ready in time. Shoots one hole groups w high BC hunting bullets & sits at a scopeless 6.26# w a 4 port brake:
$8,000 scoped is my price despite it being in the $4k price range (excluding load development time). Price may lower once a LPR build arrives but it may also increase if it shoots the 210 ABLRs in the .1s or .2s like it does the 245 grain bergers.

Marlin 30/30 deer rifle: over 20 years old, first deer rifle. $15k is my asking price despite it likely costing under $500 at the time.

284 Winchester ultralight semi custom: 5.12 # bare that drops 168 ABLR right where they're supposed to be as far as I'd want to take a shot at a sheep and then some. The only thing that could pry this memory maker out of my hands at this point is another sheep hunt, which is why I'm pricing it at $30,500, despite it having roughly $2k into it.

🙃

Hope you enjoyed the humor at the bottom half of this post, and feel free to PM with questions on the items posted at the top.
I enjoyed the honesty and humor in your post. I have been down the same road myself. Although, some of the prices at the bottom of the page are within reach for some....better be careful!

With regards to the sweet 284 for sale, just wanted to make sure you were including charter flights, gratuity for guides, packers, pilots, base camp cooks, any potential trophy fees. Taxidermist. Add on animals. Celebration dinner on return home. Souvenirs for family. Mental and physical suffering for a long sheep hunt. Inflation!
😁🤣😁🤣😁🤣
😂 excellent point. I'm going to do a price bump to $37k for that rifle just to be safe.

Is the Remington youth .243 a 700 action? What is your price on it? Got a kid that needs a gun since he made good grades this year and his parents said he cold hunt with me.

Is the Remington youth .243 a 700 action? What is your price on it? Got a kid that needs a gun since he made good grades this year and his parents said he cold hunt with me.
Remington model 783
Open to offers, especially if interested in dies and all components. PM me if so

Here are some pictures of the youth 243 w the FFP illuminated vortex scope. The load on the side is a hotter load but I also have a good youth load I'd share the details of or even powder too if local enough to pickup.

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpeg
    IMG_2663.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2662.jpeg
    IMG_2662.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 15