Rifles bought but haven’t shot yet. What ya got!

Now I don't feel so bad. I have 300 prc mpr, a few howa's in 30-06 and 7mm. Plus a few handguns two sig 320s and three Glocks and a s&w 329pd in 44 mag, and the last one is not a fault of mine but a custom ar10 with a Bsf barrel. I took it out to the range and it wouldn't chamber a round. Had to get the barrel replaced and that took forever, when they finally replaced it it still needs some polish on the feed ramp so it won't destroy the brass. It's at the local smith/lgs where I got everything. The lgs said they will make it right.

I'm not above buying something and taking awhile to getting around to shooting. I guess that's what happens when your in the gun a month club!

I guess it's been two years back I ran across a deal. Cabelas had a Howa 300 Win mag that was supposed to have a flaw in the Bronze finish. I can't recall what I paid for it but even though I'm 30 cal mag poor I picked it up. I think they got mixed up, I can't find a thing wrong with the finish. It came with a black Hogue stock without a bedding block which aren't much count. Somebody on here had a Hogue in Gillie green with full length beading block like new for cheap. Hogue with a bedding block aren't half bad. Found a deal on a 30mm tube Vortex scope of some kind. Had Talley rings in drawer. Had my gunsmith buddy thats better with triggers than I am do a trigger job. It's got some kind of accu-trigger, first for me but my gunsmith buddy likes them. Once you take up the slack it breaks clean and light.

I put it in the safe and pretty much forgot it. Dug it out earlier today. Guess I better start working up loads for it. Along with the 280 and the 270 WSM I haven't shot either. Probably more if I looked.

What ya got you haven't shot yet. I bet I'm not the only one.
Oh yes - in a parking lot sale here in San Diego - bought a Tikka T3x Lite in 6.5 Creedmore- for under $600 - but spent a long time fighting with the State of CA to get it released - (actually the dealer had cheap gun dealer had cheap insurance - the real problem) - which I have not shot. Nor have I shot a beautiful used Weatherby in 300 Win Mag I bought in my home town of Klamath Falls, Oregon. Dang - In younger years - would have been out in a week. :).

I didn't realise how many l've got that I haven't fired yet, due to a variety of reasons, the list
12g SxS 1956 English gun,
Boito 410 single barrel,
Old Browning 22 pump action,
Bruno mod 2 22,
1880 Lee Enfield 303-25 martini,
Anschutz mod 1530 222,
Anschutz model 1532 222,
CVA 50cal Hawkins black powder,
Tikka M55 17 Remington,
Custom Lithgow SMLE 1943 303-270, and my most recent & prized is a custom Sako L579 6.5 Beanmore which l picked up Friday and am waiting for ammo.

I have none. If I don't shoot them within a couple of years, they are gone. At my age I am going to get rid of even more.

The second is also a NIB CZ550 Safari Magnum from the USA Custom shop in 450Rigby, bought it for the action,
This really needs a trip to Africa and used on a Cape Buffalo and maybe an elephant! JMO!

I'm not above buying something and taking awhile to getting around to shooting. I guess that's what happens when your in the gun a month club!

I guess it's been two years back I ran across a deal. Cabelas had a Howa 300 Win mag that was supposed to have a flaw in the Bronze finish. I can't recall what I paid for it but even though I'm 30 cal mag poor I picked it up. I think they got mixed up, I can't find a thing wrong with the finish. It came with a black Hogue stock without a bedding block which aren't much count. Somebody on here had a Hogue in Gillie green with full length beading block like new for cheap. Hogue with a bedding block aren't half bad. Found a deal on a 30mm tube Vortex scope of some kind. Had Talley rings in drawer. Had my gunsmith buddy thats better with triggers than I am do a trigger job. It's got some kind of accu-trigger, first for me but my gunsmith buddy likes them. Once you take up the slack it breaks clean and light.

I put it in the safe and pretty much forgot it. Dug it out earlier today. Guess I better start working up loads for it. Along with the 280 and the 270 WSM I haven't shot either. Probably more if I looked.

What ya got you haven't shot yet. I bet I'm not the only one.
To many to list. You're supposed to wear one out before starting on another aren't you ?

Last edited: