Rifles bought but haven’t shot yet. What ya got!

droptine

I'm not above buying something and taking awhile to getting around to shooting. I guess that's what happens when your in the gun a month club!

I guess it's been two years back I ran across a deal. Cabelas had a Howa 300 Win mag that was supposed to have a flaw in the Bronze finish. I can't recall what I paid for it but even though I'm 30 cal mag poor I picked it up. I think they got mixed up, I can't find a thing wrong with the finish. It came with a black Hogue stock without a bedding block which aren't much count. Somebody on here had a Hogue in Gillie green with full length beading block like new for cheap. Hogue with a bedding block aren't half bad. Found a deal on a 30mm tube Vortex scope of some kind. Had Talley rings in drawer. Had my gunsmith buddy thats better with triggers than I am do a trigger job. It's got some kind of accu-trigger, first for me but my gunsmith buddy likes them. Once you take up the slack it breaks clean and light.

I put it in the safe and pretty much forgot it. Dug it out earlier today. Guess I better start working up loads for it. Along with the 280 and the 270 WSM I haven't shot either. Probably more if I looked.

What ya got you haven't shot yet. I bet I'm not the only one.

111 Savage in 300win mag new since I bought it last year Sept I think. I have a G17 I bought as a police trade in. So far Johnny Glocks combat trigger a rmr cut lone wolf slide w/ the factory internals/barrel. Once the holosun gets here Tuesday I hope to start shooting that also.

A few years back, I picked up a SCAR 17 and enhanced it with a Geissele trigger and buffer system, a Handl Defense rail, a 13 inch barrel assembly and finally a Rugged Razor can, but I just haven't shot it yet. It's gone to camp a few times but never came out of the case. I also integrally suppressed my short barrel SIG MPX but I haven't shot it since the work was done.

Man those Cz527s are growing on me. I work at a hardware/sporting goods/liquor/lumber/gas station store (everything you need! 🤣) and have been impressed by the CZ rimfire rifles very much.
I have the lighter one for hunting small game. I wanted the heavy barrel to do some plinking out to 300 yards. We will see if it can compete with my other ones.

I had gotten a Ruger Mark 4 Hunter about 6-7 months ago. I didn't shoot it until about 2 weeks ago. I actually had it listed for sale.

Shot it for the first time and removed the listing. That little rascal ain't going anywhere. Dang it's a hoot to shoot, and so easy to clean. I'd been missing out.

Recent Posts