Rifle for Granddaughter

rad movie GIF

Caliber be danged. You did something for your granddaughter that was a very nice gesture out of love. It's a very nice looking rifle and I'm sure she will treasure it for the rest of her life. Hope the 2 of you get to enjoy many years of hunting and shooting together. Best wishes, be safe and enjoy.

So, last summer, thought, maybe get a good rifle for my granddaughter. Her father is a hunter, but has been deployed so many times, and they have moved so many times, that school, not hunting was a priority.

They seem to be settled in Kansas now. Lots of deer.

Asked my old friend Kirby Allen to build her a K-rifle, based on Ruger American.

6.5 CM, and I don't want want any guff, she's 11.

Boyd's stock, Bartlein Barrel, 1/8, 1/2 MOA at 400 yards. I can upgrade the scope, but wanted to start simple.

View attachment 564266
Very nice đź‘Ť

So, last summer, thought, maybe get a good rifle for my granddaughter. Her father is a hunter, but has been deployed so many times, and they have moved so many times, that school, not hunting was a priority.

They seem to be settled in Kansas now. Lots of deer.

Asked my old friend Kirby Allen to build her a K-rifle, based on Ruger American.

6.5 CM, and I don't want want any guff, she's 11.

Boyd's stock, Bartlein Barrel, 1/8, 1/2 MOA at 400 yards. I can upgrade the scope, but wanted to start simple.

View attachment 564266
Great present for your granddaughter. You are a very good Grand dad!
Anyway I can get adopted into your family?

Great present for your granddaughter. You are a very good Grand dad!
Anyway I can get adopted into your family?
Heck yeah; you build rifles! On a more serious note, I have a .308 Ruger American take-off barrel, never been fired, and the LEFT HAND plastic stock it came with. Was going to just offer them up for shipping costs, but what are the rules on shipping barrels now?

Last edited:
My grand daughter is 2 months old but I've already been looking for her a first gun . Ain't nothing wrong with what you got her !

Heck yeah; you build rifles! On a more serious note, I have a .308 Ruger American take-off barrel, never been fired, and the plastic stock it came with. Was going to just offer them up for shipping costs, but what are the rules on shipping barrels now?
There isn't any rules as long as the Action is not attached. I receive barrels all the time.