• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Republic Ammunition - Ginex Large Rifle Primers $110

Are Ginex the one made at the same facility that make Tula and Wolf primers? A local place had some off brand primers and Ginex was one of them and they had a sign up saying that, and I think it was with the Ginex primers.

Yep this is what they look like. I imagine they go boom just fine.

Gonna test them when I get time with my chronograph for velocity vs. CCI.

But I do think Republic Ammo is certainly legit.

see picture below.

Maybe Vista could use some competition........cant find no CCI, Federal, or Remington Large Rifle Primers?, then try these.....they might work just as well.

Attachments

• 20220914_143322.jpg
    20220914_143322.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Yep this is what they look like. I imagine they go boom just fine.

Gonna test them when I get time with my chronograph for velocity vs. CCI.

But I do think Republic Ammo is certainly legit.

see picture below.

Maybe Vista could use some competition........cant find no CCI, Federal, or Remington Large Rifle Primers?, then try these.....they might work just as well.

Are they considered to be corrosive?

Are they considered to be corrosive?
Nope, not the ones I bought. On the back of the box it says Does not contain mercury or corrosives.

So, the particular ones, I received, all of the language and warnings are in
Spanish. So, this could be an issue if you can't read Spanish, pero yo puedo leer y escritir en Espanol. But, I can read and write in Spanish, so no big deal.

It goes on to say that these primers contain no component which can cause corrosion in your gun or barrel.

So, in plain English, NON CORROSIVE. NO MERCURY. STILL GOES BOOM!

I read up and saw they have been tested against CCI #34 and got very much the same velocities.

I plan on testing some myself though any way.

Listen to this video. Gives you more comfort that the Ginex Primers are fine.

Only potential problem that maybe you could have ever is in a gun with a light striker spring cause these may be a little harder shell than Federal or CCI. He had zero misfires or issues in this video.