• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington Sendero Stainless Fluted 25-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarodjohns

I have a Remington 700 Sendero Stainless Fluted chambered in 25-06. This rifle was manufactured in 1999 and does not have Sendero stamped on the barrel but not all Sendero's had it. (You can call Remington if you prefer to disagree). The rifle was unfired up until November of 2013 as I was going to use it during deer season and took it to my gunsmith to install a Jewell trigger and he shot it 2 times when he installed it. I took it back a couple of weeks later as I decided it was to nice to take out in the field and had him put the original trigger back in and he shot it 2 more times. (He said he has concerns with not actually shooting a rifle after working on the trigger so he does it to check for safety). The original stock had dual palm swells and I replaced it in November as well with a new HS Precision that did not have palm swells. Stock is not a take off it was purchased new. I really don't know what to price it at as I've seen these sell over $2500 with Leupold VX-III 14 power scopes on them so I figure the gun would be valued at $2000 to $2100 and they have been hunted with and this one has sat in safe for 14 years. So I think $2000 shipped and insured. I will include a set of Talley 1 inch rings with it. Low or Medium which ever buyer prefers.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 33
Hey,

I'm interested in the 25-06,

If you are negotible on price, let me know.

Thx,

Todd
317-590-423eight text or call

Hey Jarod...Not doubting you at all. I just happened to notice a few curiosities that caught my eye. I hope you don't mind me inquiring about them, as I am not trying to be "that guy", It just goes against my prior knowledge and studies of all the Sendero model rifles. So, please don't take this as me being rude, it is not in my intentions.

To my knowledge, none of the original Sendero or Sendero SF models came with palmswell stocks. Only the Sendero SFII models did, which came along WAY after this rifle was manufactured. Also, the Sendero .25-06 barrels should have all been stamped "SENDERO" on them (that barrel looks like it came off an older Remington Varmint SF, because it was not stamped. Every true Sendero .25-06 I have ever seen, from the original blued non-fluted models, up to the SF models, has been stamped. Do you have the original box and paperwork with the gun? If so, this is interesting, and goes against all my prior knowledge.

It very well could be an older model Varmint SF, which also used the same HS Precision stocks as the Sendero models.

Hey Jarod...Not doubting you at all. I just happened to notice a few curiosities that caught my eye. I hope you don't mind me inquiring about them, as I am not trying to be "that guy", It just goes against my prior knowledge and studies of all the Sendero model rifles. So, please don't take this as me being rude, it is not in my intentions.

To my knowledge, none of the original Sendero or Sendero SF models came with palmswell stocks. Only the Sendero SFII models did, which came along WAY after this rifle was manufactured. Also, the Sendero .25-06 barrels should have all been stamped "SENDERO" on them (that barrel looks like it came off an older Remington Varmint SF, because it was not stamped. Every true Sendero .25-06 I have ever seen, from the original blued non-fluted models, up to the SF models, has been stamped. Do you have the original box and paperwork with the gun? If so, this is interesting, and goes against all my prior knowledge.

It very well could be an older model Varmint SF, which also used the same HS Precision stocks as the Sendero models.

I have owned or seen several senderos that weren't stamped sendero on the barrel. It it were a varmint model it would be a VSSF, but they were only short actions. However, remington is famous for "special runs", so we both could be wrong!

I wish I did have the box and paperwork as well as a picture of the rifle with the original stock. I just got a new computer about 3 months ago and deleted everything off my old one which had pictures of the rifle on it that clearly showed the palm swells and dual front swivel studs.

Last edited:
I wish I did have the box and paperwork as well as a picture of the rifle with the original stock. I just got a new computer about 3 months ago and deleted everything off my old one which had pictures of the rifle on it that clearly showed the palm swells and dual front swivel studs. Not all Sendero's were stamped. This was the first one however I have ran across that did have palm swells but another member on another website also has a Sendero SF with dual palm swells from the factory though no one wants to believe us. And yes VSSF's are identical to Sendero's in that they are short actions. I can assure you this is a Sendero and will PM the serial number and you can call Remington if you would like.
I was not saying I didn't believe you, I was simply saying that those 2 items didn't make sense, as far as my Sendero knowledge goes.

I know that some calibers were not stamped, my 7mm STW Sendero SF is not stamped, but my Sendero SF .25-06 is stamped. And I have never seen a .25-06 Sendero that was not stamped, and have never seen a pre-SFII model Sendero leave the factory with a double-palmswell stock.

This rifle could have been a limited or special exclusive run for a particular distributor, or something like that, just like the blued fluted Sendero rifles were. That is all I was saying. I think you mistook my questions as accusations, which is simply not true. It just piqued my curiosity, that is all.

I was not saying I didn't believe you, I was simply saying that those 2 items didn't make sense, as far as my Sendero knowledge goes.

I know that some calibers were not stamped, my 7mm STW Sendero SF is not stamped, but my Sendero SF .25-06 is stamped. And I have never seen a .25-06 Sendero that was not stamped, and have never seen a pre-SFII model Sendero leave the factory with a double-palmswell stock.

This rifle could have been a limited or special exclusive run for a particular distributor, or something like that, just like the blued fluted Sendero rifles were. That is all I was saying. I think you mistook my questions as accusations, which is simply not true. It just piqued my curiosity, that is all.

MudRunner,

I was not meaning my reply to sound bad either. I apologize if it came off that way that was not my intentions either.

Thanks, Jarod

Another 2 cents if interested. My 1999 Sendero SF 300 wby does not have sendero stamped on the barrel either. But, my stock has no palm swells and only on front sling mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts