• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED REMINGTON PSR UNICORN W/PROOF BARRELS *UNICORN*

PRCLITE

I am listing this for a buddy I served with in the Marine Corps. There are a total of four barrels - 2 Stainless and 2 Proof Carbons. 2 barrels are 338 Lapua (1 stainless/1 proof carbon fiber), 1 steel barrel is 300 Win Mag, 1 carbon fiber is 308 NATO. There are only two of these kits in the world that come with the proof test barrels and about 10 PSR's in this configuration in existence. This is definitely a high dollar item, but worth listing. The action as well as all of the barrels are completely unfired. Here is the description:

The Precision Sniper Rifle (PSR) program launched in 2009 as a US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) sponsored program, which supports Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps Special Operations Forces. The goal of the PSR program was ambitious: to replace all bolt-action sniper rifles used by special ops snipers with a single bolt-action rifle chambered for magnums like the .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua Mag.

Highlights of the program's requirements:

• Sub-MOA accuracy from 300-1500 meters (just under 1 mile!)
  • Able to be broken down into major components in under 2 minutes and reassembled in under 2 minutes … with no change in weapon zero!
  • Overall length of 52″ or less (excluding suppressor), with no single component being longer than 40″
  • Weigh 18 lbs. or less (including loaded 5 round mag)
  • Integral mil-spec picatinny rail on top
  • Mean Rounds Between Failures (MRBF) of 1000 rounds

To be able to change barrels and calibers on-the-fly, Remington designed a completely new, billet titanium receiver. The MSR receiver features a barrel extension with steel-on-steel lock-up and barrel nut, which automatically sets the headspace for the selected caliber. It features a few other upgrades over a traditional Remington 700 action, like an integral recoil lug and ambidextrous bolt release.

This particular setup (case and some parts like barrels and mags) were used in country (as can be seen by the stickers), where and how it was used can't be said any further than that, but you can make some educated guesses based on where it went. This kit is missing a few mags (all very easily acquirable) but the true gem to making this a collector piece beside it being a unicorn is the fact that it has one of two sets of carbon fiber proof barrels that were made at the request of SOCOM to see if it was possible to lower the weight further and keep all other requirements.

COMES WITH EVERYTHING SHOWN - ASKING $21,500 shipped

Attachments

• PSR 1.jpg
    PSR 1.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 299
  • PSR 2.jpg
    PSR 2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 298
  • PSR 3.jpg
    PSR 3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 293
  • PSR 4.jpg
    PSR 4.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 281
  • PSR 5.jpg
    PSR 5.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 273
  • PSR 6.jpg
    PSR 6.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 284
How does it work with different case head diameters? Does it come with multiple bolts?

That's a pretty awesome rifle!
The bolt face itself and mag inserts change for calibers. Here is a description of everything:

How much does it weigh? J/k awesome set up and good luck to your friend and sale. Also thank you for your service.

I appreciate your support. It weighs under 18lbs. with the 27" 338 Lapua barrel as part of the requirements. I'm not sure if that includes the scope as well but I can find out. I would guess at the very most it would weigh no more than 20lbs. fully loaded with the steel barrel. The proof I'm sure will shed some weight but not a whole lot.

How is this not still military property? If SOCOM ordered it then there should be some paperwork from DLA where it was properly disposed of off the military books.

How is this not still military property? If SOCOM ordered it then there should be some paperwork from DLA where it was properly disposed of off the military books.

Remington made a handful for civilian sales...

If it's one of two made at SOCOM request then it's military under a contract. It can't be a civilian model if paid for by SOCOM. I have a few years of my career with them and Military supply, you could say I've been around the block a time or two.

There is more to this story and needs to be disclosed before I would recommend anyone get involved with the purchase. At a minimum the serial numbers need to be ran.

If it's one of two made at SOCOM request then it's military under a contract. It can't be a civilian model if paid for by SOCOM. I have a few years of my career with them and Military supply, you could say I've been around the block a time or two.

There is more to this story and needs to be disclosed before I would recommend anyone get involved with the purchase. At a minimum the serial numbers need to be ran.
I agree with what you are saying here. As you may know the SOCOM world is very small. My team mate from MARSOC was the president of marketing for Remington and helped my buddy piece this kit together. The chassis came from gun broker, the receiver came directly from Remington DOD as a contract over run, the barrels are from the SOCOM testing and the two proof barrels included in this kit were never used although the first set of proof barrels were fired which are not in this kit, but another that belongs to another SOCOM member. The serial number is shown in the pictures and if your run them it's going to come back to a Remington employee purchasing it who then sold it to my buddy a year later. There is nothing out of sorts here and I would not list anything and risk my reputation on this forum. The one of two made is referring to the barrel sets which was owned by Remington and they were never purchased by SOCOM under contract because they were nothing more than a demo set to try and win the contract which was obviously won by Barrett.

Recent Posts