Remington Model 7 bolt stop and Spring

David Oakes

I'm looking for a Remington Model 7 bolt stop and spring for a .300 WSM I'm working on. Can't find em anywhere. Not enough action to have a gunsmith add an external bolt stop. My only hope is if a member has one. Anyone?

Be prepared to wait - I got one from a friend and owed him one in return - looked for the bolt stop spring from Jan 2020 and still looking - ended up with a similar spring from a Rem 600 which wasn't exact but doable. The new Remington doesn't give a rat's *** for servicing clients/customers who put the old Remington on the map. Pretty sorry state of affairs for Remington 700/7 rifles these days.

Be prepared to wait - I got one from a friend and owed him one in return - looked for the bolt stop spring from Jan 2020 and still looking - ended up with a similar spring from a Rem 600 which wasn't exact but doable. The new Remington doesn't give a rat's *** for servicing clients/customers who put the old Remington on the map. Pretty sorry state of affairs for Remington 700/7 rifles these days.
I got one from Dick Williams Gunshop. You might try him.

I ordered some high strength .08" stainless sheet and a diamond file to try to make my own for a few Model 7s I have. I fortunately have a complete Model 7 to pattern off of. I will make the trigger and bolt stop pins, too. And action bolts. Although those pins are much easier to make from 1/8" drill rod. Dremel tool mandrels are popular as well, my research shows.

I have a tiny Emco Unimat lathe and mill that should work well for these little parts.

And darn it, I need to source the bolt stop springs! Hmm, I wonder if any AR15 lower component springs might work in a pinch.

Numrich has NOS bolt stops for XP-100 pistols in stock, and it looks like they might be close enough to cut down and make work. I hope I don't fail and have to source bolt stops anyways.

'Build some Model 7s,' I said. :/