Remington Firearms

Okay, so back to reality, all barreled actions do not cost the consumer, wholesaler or distributor $150.00. Nice to have you back on planet Earth with us Cat.

Last edited:
And why doesn't remington build a sendero in 338 rum -the one rifle in their line-up that makes the big magnum's recoil tolerable.
All the better for gunsmiths i guess.

We just bought one yesterday for my hunting partner. Keep looking, they are out there. Sometimes it takes a little luck. I did a search and found the one for my hunting partner.

I actually prefer the 338RUM to my 338 Lapua.

Chawlston

We just bought one yesterday for my hunting partner. Keep looking, they are out there. Sometimes it takes a little luck. I did a search and found the one for my hunting partner.

I actually prefer the 338RUM to my 338 Lapua.

Chawlston

Why wouldn't you? Why spend Five bucks a shot vs two bucks a shot with the same performance?

I stopped at a Gander Mountain store yesterday and the price on a new 700Bdl was $800+. About 3 weeks ago at another store a sfII was $1300+.

New owners, new managment style and higher prices = Remmington will be sold to someone else in <2 years.

Or go the way of Winchester rifles.

You got that right COYBOY .

You won't see me buy a sendero for over a thousand dollars ,many shoot good or can be made to shoot good pretty easily.
I remember last year when i saw the 264 win mag sendero's priced at $929 --i couldn't believe it.

Savage is another one that has jacked their prices way up ,i saw one of the hs precision stocked -left eject port guns --$1000 --for a savage.

Why wouldn't you? Why spend Five bucks a shot vs two bucks a shot with the same performance?

They cost exactly the same to shoot. I used Nosler brass to make my 338RUM and that puts the cost of brass right where the 338 Lapua is.

Chawlston

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.