Remington 9 1/2 magnum primers

This is a very good article as I'm not sure everyone is aware that the Remington 9 1/2M and Remington 9 1/2 are different primers.[/QUO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All,

I am having a 30-378 built and when I get back from deployment I'm going on an elk hunt late October. I have all the reloading equipment/supplies except primers. I know several accurate loads for the gun and most recommend federal 215 magnum match primers. Does anyone have a box of 1000, I will pay 50.00 plus shipping costs. I'm willing to send the money first, once recipient receives the money they can send me the primers.

Also if anyone has the 230 Berger Target Hybrid Bullet for a 30cal I would pay a decent amount for that too.

Anyone out there that can help, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Joden
757-701-6266
[email protected]

Does anyone know the differences between the 9-1/2 vs 9-1/2 magnum in real world conditions in any oopular cartridges? I may have to do some data collection

FWIW, my 338-378 Weatherby hates em. Don't like CCI 250's, either, don't know if that's helpful or not.

Guess I should explain. Used 9 1/5 M primers, middle of the road listing for H1000, under a 225Hornady ....collapsed cases were result. Same thing happened with CCI250. Have not had that particular problem while using Fed 215 's.

They're usually in the mix for testing for me but I've had a couple batches where the cups were to hard and had a bunch of misfires.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts