Remington 700 Classic vs Browning X-Bolt in 300 win mag

azhnt3r

If you had to choose between these two only, which would you choose and why I ask? I'm trying to decide between the two myself. Both are stock rifles and in great condition. The Remington 700 Classic is blued and the X-Bolt is stainless. Thank you!

No question the Browning. Every Browning I have or have loaded for shot right around .5" for three shots and under .75" for five. Button rifled barrel, 60 degree bolt lift, better trigger, lighter, and no chance of being a junk Remington from the last 20+ years.

The 700 is blued, the X-Bolt stainless. Now that I know the relief cut method on the X-Bolt, it's no harder to rebarrel than the 700, a little heat from a heat gun and barrel comes right out.

Granted, with the 700/700 clone fast becoming the AR of the bolt action world and prices getting reasonable across the board, it's really hard to consider any factory rifle, especially when you can throw together a far superior rifle with a few tools and a vise that often exceeds accuracy of what the factory offered just a few years ago for about twice the money. Often times, built exactly like you want it.

Plenty of deals in the classifieds here from exceptional members, one could plug and play until they get whatever they desired.

Recent Posts