Remington 700 action donar

gamedog

Looking for a source for a Rem 700 action for a 338 Edge. A local retailer has Rem 700 ADL's in 30-06 for $325.oo. Does this sound like a good deal to buy the rifle for the action? I believe the bolt face will have to be opened up a bit, but I think for a new action it's a fair deal.

thats a good price for that gun , you can sell the stock and barrel for maybe $50 to recoupe some funds.

I ended up looking at that rifle, but in the end I paid a little more and bought the run out sf1 sendero stainless. I felt it had the higher quality reciever, jeweled bolt and also had a top line HS stock that I could use for the build. I also sold the removed barrel for alot more money than what I would have got for a ADL type. So even though I paid more to begin with I felt I probably had a net win in the end once I didn't have to buy a new top end HS , Mcmillan stock and sold the barrel for a good price.

I have seen these rifles advertised for around 600 in 300 rum ??

Just my 2c worth ??

Cheers

Ps I also think there was a little less mucking around if you bought the magnum 300 rum action ??

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts