• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 541 magazine

Berrnard

my father is in search of a mag for his 541
he hates the 10 shot and wants 1 or 2 of the og 5 rounder
heard of john reed making metal ones but also heard they are pricey. not sure if he still does them

Unless you stumble on to a factory mag someone just wants to get rid of the $35 Treker mag is your best option. It works very well and will last. I personally like the John Reed mags, well worth the money.

I ll bet the old factory 5 shot Rem produced ones still around; just got to be patient. They used to be $15 -$20 bucks… probably cost $30+ now …. This price jacking has gotten out of control; they re plastic AND they re cheap/flimsy !!

Done whining now …. Glad I have extras for my 581

Unless you stumble on to a factory mag someone just wants to get rid of the $35 Treker mag is your best option. It works very well and will last. I personally like the John Reed mags, well worth the money.
whered you get a trekker for 35? theyre 70

does john reed have a website?

I'm sorry I didn't reread my post. I meant to say unless someone wants to get rid of their factory mag for $35 the Treker mag is your best option. They did actually use to be around $40 and the Reed mag was about $70.

Not sure if he is still making these or availability.
[email protected]

I did just look on Rimfire Central and a member had posted within the last day or so that they had just received 3 mags from John.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I didn't reread my post. I meant to say unless someone wants to get rid of their factory mag for $35 the Treker mag is your best option. They did actually use to be around $40 and the Reed mag was about $70.

Not sure if he is still making these or availability.
[email protected]

I did just look on Rimfire Central and a member had posted within the last day or so that they had just received 3 mags from John.
thanks for the email

yes john still makes them

"I'm just finishing some up. They are $70 ea + $5.00 shipping for up to 4 mags. Mine are 100% handmade all metal and guaranteed for life."