Rem 700 SA or Sako L579 as base for 243AI....

UB

Any case head fully sealed in "Three rings of steel" will always give more protection than a case head in one extractor interupted ring of steel. Regardless of who is the maker, or the brand.

Peter

Any case head fully sealed in "Three rings of steel" will always give more protection than a case head in one extractor interupted ring of steel. Regardless of who is the maker, or the brand.

Peter

P KUNDA,
Obviously you have bought into Remington's propaganda, the "three rings of steel" is the equivelant of what the Big 3 domestic truck makers say. Ford "Built Ford Tough" Chevy "Like a Rock", Dodge "Ram Tough".
But in all reality all 3 of the trucks are good it is just a matter of personal preference.
Remington is the standard of the industry as far as trigger design,"almost every competitive bolt gun uses a trigger that will fit a Remington".(custom action)
But when you say a Remington will always give more protection than a Sako because of the "Three rings of steel" you are trying to blow smoke up everybody's anal orofice.
You know someone that had a Sako come apart, but if the stupidity was sufficient you could even in theroy blow up a 2" diameter B.A.T.
Both Rem. and Sako are very good factory actions, I was just trying to keep you from skewing this point.
UB

UncleB

You were an Idiot, you'r an Idiot and you'll stay an Idiot.

As it has no value to me whatsoever what the chap or anybody else is going to have and what he and everybody is going to do. I think that you seem to know too much about your anal orifice, so stick with it.

Peter

You've got 2 friends who have blown up Sakos ? Have had 3 Sakos myself over a period of 27 years including potential bombs like the .220 Swift and .17 Remington . Miraculously I am still alive , have all my limbs and both eyes .

P Kunda

Pete
I am disappointed in you, your last post is nothing more than acting like a two year old having a temper tantrum because I dont agree with you.
Pete you are better than this, grow-up.
UB

UncleB

It's not a temper tentrum. However point taken. I'm not about how bad or good is Sako or a Remington. I've seen both actions where a case head gave way and if I had to pick one to be in my hands while that happens it would be the Remington. Regardless of what was the reason. Just because you have number of Sakos without any problems it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Sako bolts are hydraulicaly tested for shear of 40 tones. More than a Remington, but the Gas sealing system of the Remington is superior.

Just for the interest go to The Accuratereloading "Gunsmithing forum section" (Dated 21 November 2004) and on the page 448- Sako blow-up are some very interesting posts and pictures. It looks like this particular blow-up was due to the foulty SS material of the barrel.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.