• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem 700 Police 300 win mag

backyardsniper

I had planned on this being my dedicated hunting rifle but I have decided to stick with the lapua. I shoot a TRG42 and I would like to build or buy a light weight lapua hunting rifle to go along with it so this gun is going up for sale.
This is an early 2000's Reminton 700 police, it had a j-lock but I changed it out and put a brand new firing pin assembly and bolt shroud so there is no trace of the j-lock or any of its internal components left. It has an old school, non x mark trigger which I tuned myself to a very crisp and very safe 2.5lb, it really is nice for a factory trigger. Rifle has a valdada picatinny rail and a midway stock pack which I will let go with it. I purchased the rifle new in box unfired. I then swapped out the j-lock and test fired it with about ten rounds to see if the rifle had any potential to be a shooter. It shot two three shot groups a little less than an inch @100yds and one three shot group around 3 1/2" at 400yds. With factory ammo or proper load development I think she will b ea real shooter. Shoot me a PM with an email or cell number if you need some picks.

$1000 or best offer

Thanks guys

Decided to keep it. Went to the range today and shot 25 more rounds of some hand loads I had for another 300 I used to own 230 bergers over H1000 and the gun shot unbelievably well, I mean several 1-1/2 "-2-1/2" groups at 400yds. SO I think I'll hang on to her and just do what I had originally planned and make it my hunting rifle.

Thanks guys

The how I have listed is still NIB and is still for sale