• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Rem 700 Long Action, 7 SAUM, Benchmark Barreled Action

montana_native

The barrel is a #6 Benchmark, 8.5 Twist that was fluted by them. I had it on a short action 700 for 86 rounds. I decided it was a bit heavier than what I wanted so I pulled it off. It then sat around collecting dust for about 2 years. I came across a Long Action 700 receiver and had it set back and installed with a longer-throat 7 SAUM reamer. The throat on this reamer is such that it wouldn't work on a short action. I don't know the exact freebore, but I'd put it at about 0.100" more than a SAAMI reamer. I'm not sure if this helps for a point of reference or not, but a stubby, 7mm, 175 Sierra Matchking at the lands is about 2.910" COAL. It has not been fired since the reinstall/rechamber. The muzzle threads are 5/8 x 24 (with a knurled cap) and the finish is 26.5".

The bolt has had a Sako extractor installed with very light fluting. The bolt knob is an Ebay special, but the handle is a 5/16 x 24 thread so it can be swapped out if needed.

The action was brand new. It's an RR prefix CM receiver and the factory recoil lug was reused.

All metal has just had a fresh Cerakote job in black.

$875 shipped to your FFL.

I shot the group using RL26 and 180 Hybrids at just under 3000 FPS at 108 yards. I screwed it into a buddy's KRG Whiskey chassis to see if it would shoot. It now has 14 rounds through it.

IMG_3417[1].JPG
IMG_3418[1].JPG
IMG_3420[1].JPG
IMG_3421[1].JPG
BC8E6EFA-6C6B-4A23-AAC1-C720499E7202[1].jpeg

Last edited: