• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rem 700 Custom Built 22-243win

OKbow87

I have to part ways with a stick that is very dear to me. I am making the decision for the greater good of my arsenal. I have for sale a Custom Built (Steve Baldwin) 22-243 win off a Rem 700 SA. The action was originally an SPS Varmint in 243. The barrel was taken off almost immediately and replaced with this 26.5" Hart 1:8 twist .224 cal barrel. It has a target crown and the Contour on the Hart is the Max HV. It finishes up at about .900". It has been Cerakoted black by a different smith in Weatherford, OK. The rifle comes with a bedded McMillan A3 with 3 studs, 2 flush cups on the the left and a declarator recoil pad. It is inletted for Badger M5 metal from the factory and it comes with 1 5rd AI magazine. Additionally the gun comes with the OD TIS sling, Badger Knob and the Ken Farrell Low Profile 20 MOA one piece base. The rifle has exactly 350 rounds down the tube all with Lapua brass 80gr Amaxs or 80gr VLDs with 7828ssc. I have 250rds plus a twice fired set of an additionally 50rds of brass all included in Berry's 50rd Boxes. I would really like to see these go with the gun as I will be getting new brass with my new build. (Triad Bag not included)

The gun shoots very good and with a good driver consistently shot around 1/2 MOA or better. I do not have any recent groups because the gun has hardly been fired in the last year, except to test loads and the initial break in since it has been built, which is another reason why I'm selling, it just doesn't get the use it deserves sitting in my stable. Rifle is in Excellent shape and has few if any marks or scratches. I hunted with it less than 5 times.

Please feel free to pm me for any additional info.

Quick List of Specs:
Rem 700 Action
Badger Bolt knob
Hart Max HV 1:8 twist barrel 26.5"
Badger M5 Bottom Metal
Timney Trigger set @ 1lb 5oz +or-
Bedded McM A3 in Sage molded camo (Woodland Beige,Med Tan, Dark Grey.)
TIS sling OD
Ken Farrell 20 MOA Low pro one piece base
250rds of Loaded 22-243win Lapua Brass with 44.6gr of 7828ssc and 80gr Amaxs with Fed 210 GMM primers.
50rds of additional twice fired Lapua brass to make 300 total pieces of brass.
$1450 shipped & insured to your FFL SPF

With Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 Np-1rr reticle MOA knobs and Ken Farrell Standard Aluminum rings (in Pictures)
$2850 shipped & insured to your FFL SPF

No Trades please, but I would consider parting out as long as I could keep barreled action together.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the pms and the interest guys. The rifle is SPF. I have the contact info of the next in line.

Thanks