• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale Rem 700 1st Gen Titanium 7mm SAUM

Jeffpg

Hey guys,

Up for grabs is a Remington model 700 1st Generation Titanium Ultimate Lightweight rifle chambered in 7mm Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum. I bought this rifle from the previous owner a few years ago with intentions of making it my go to mountain hunting rifle, but life got busy and I put it in the safe without ever firing it.

The rifle appears to be in it's original factory stock configuration, including the j-lock firing pin assembly. It is in excellent condition in every way, with the exception of some shallow finish chipping on top of the barrel near the forend, which is shown in the photos. The LimbSaver recoil pad is not sticky, and is in great condition, as is the stock. The bore and muzzle crown are both shiny and bright. The factory barrel is 24" long, and despite Remington's net weight claim of 6 3/8 lbs, this rifle shows to weigh closer to 6 3/4 lbs on my digital scale.

I don't have much to go on for current market values, so let's start out with an obo asking price and go from there.
I'm attempting to thin the herd around here, so I'm not that interested in trades but I will consider any offerings.

$2250.00 shipped

IMG_6711.jpg
IMG_6752.jpg
IMG_6734.jpg
IMG_6736.jpg
IMG_6739.jpg
IMG_6722.jpg

Are you able to elaborate on the j-lock system on the bolt? I have heard of it but never owned a 700 with it.

Are you able to elaborate on the j-lock system on the bolt? I have heard of it but never owned a 700 with it.
J-Lock honestly means nothing
I've never had an issue with firing pin/lock up or timing. Was purely cosmetic in my opinion.
You can always upgrade to a aftermarket part to get rid of it

It's a safety device designed to lock out unauthorized users from firing the rifle. It's the round black device on the left side of the bolt shroud. It's probably worth a google for ya. The rifles utilizing them came with a plastic key that most folks never kept up with. I sometimes replace these with an entire Gre Tan firing pin assembly simply because it's a much better device for a couple reasons, but I also have some rifles, a 270 Win Ti like this 7SAUM for instance, that I have just ran as is with the j-lock with zero function or accuracy issues. Here's a link to the best replacement that I know of:

Whats round count? Any idea how well it shoots
The info that I have from the 2 previous owners leads me to believe the round count is around 120, with accuracy described as normal for one of these rifles. I own several of these in various chamberings, and in my opinion their accuracy is impressive, especially for such a light rifle. Remington did something extremely well when they made these rifles, and it's a crying shame that they didn't continue manufacturing them.

As long as you can replace with a firing pin assembly that is great. I have a few SA from PTG in my tool box now. Intrigued but a little short on the cash. I will keep my eyes peeled.