Reloading Fiocchi brass

elk wallow

Does anyone have any experience reloading Fiocchi brass? Specifically 204 ruger. The factory ammo is pretty reasonably priced. I was thinking I could start out with that and then reload the brass. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Kevin

The first thing to check, Are the cases Berdan Primed or Boxer primed.
Since they load ammo in Missouri and in Italy that would be the first thing to check.

I'll make sure I check the primers. How do I tell the difference? I not sure what to look for.

Thanks, Kevin

Berdan primed shells have the anvil for the primer built into the case and have 2 small holes for the flame to blow through into the powder.
Boxer primed Have one hole in the center to allow the flame to blow through into the powder. The one hole in the center allows the decapping pin to remove the primer for reloading.
I have wrecked more than one de-caping stem getting a Berdan primed case mixed into Military 30-06 and 308 Win. (7.62 X 51 NATO Round). Because the shells had been loaded in Europe by another member of NATO.

Hope this helps you on your decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.