• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

*REDUCED* Parting Out: 6.5 Sherman Shortmag (barrel, brake, dies, brass)

jpfrog

My time is too limited these days, so I'm moving some things I don't use. I have not done load development for this barrel, but have fire formed 100 pieces of brass with a mild load. Details for the package are listed below:

Barrel/brake: Installed on Defiance AnTi (action not included in this listing).....1:7.5" twist rate 24" Carbon 6 featherweight profile chambered for 6.5SS, extra 1/2" shank to allow it to be set back and rechambered after the user puts many many more rounds down it. Muzzle threaded 5/8x24 and custom brake installed. EXACTLY 100 mild fire forming rounds down the tube.

Brass, 1x fired: 100 pieces ADG 6.5SS headstamped brass (mild fire forming load was used to form the brass- that's it. Has not been sized since fire forming).

Brass, new: 200 pieces ADG 6.5SS headstamped brass.

Dies: Hornady match grade bushing die set (FL sizer and Seating die, no bushing). Only the seating die has been used to seat bullets for the fire forming of the 100 pieces of brass. Sizing die has not been used.

Asking $1,800 $1650 ($800 for the barrel and brake if you don't want the brass/dies) for the package, shipped from the DFW, TX area to wherever you may be within the lower 48. I will not split unless the buyer of the barrel does not want the brass/dies. This shipped price does not include the action, stock, scope, trigger, magwell, magazines, bipod, range, counters, cabinets, or anything else not listed other than the barrel, brake, brass, and dies. ;) Photos below, please PM with questions.

EIDT TO ADD: will consider the following trades:
**Like new/good condition Marlin 1895 in 45-70 (Ruger-made or JM stamped) plus cash
**Very good condition Sig P239 (357sig or 9mm preferred) plus cash
**Interesting S&W or Colt revolvers (SW- Model 29 preferred but will consider others. Colt- not a King Cobra- I have one already) plus cash

IMG_0897.jpg
IMG_0892.jpg
IMG_0894.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite cartridge ever.
Like a short, fat, magic maker.
Yeah it certainly is a great cartridge and I had big plans for it, as you can tell by my build components and stock of brass (and 1k Berger 156 EOLs and 8lbs of powder that I planned to run in it and will probably move when this package is gone). I just don't have time to put into the load development and practice sessions unfortunately so I am simplifying a bit.

Just build it. I will gove you some recipes.
I was just.out today crushing steel from 4" rounds at 831 to IPSC silhouette at 1389. Like pushing the easy button! 156 @ 3065fps is a dinger!