Redding Instant Indicator

RemingtonShooter

Another question,

So I have pretty much all the standard measuring stuff we use. For seating and shoulders I use the hornady comparator with sinclair inserts. Seems easy and always has worked. But the instant comparator by redding looks pretty cool. But it is pricey. Is there any real reason to have it, in other words is it redundant. It does seem like it would be quicker and potentially more consistent. It also looks like, after calling redding, that one die for some calibers within the same family is all that is needed? Thoughts? It would look super cool on top of my T7....just saying. I do understand that it really does give absolute measurements just relative measurements ( hope I got that right).

Last edited:
I have several tools for measuring also, but did purchase the Instant Indicator years ago for most of my calibers. I keep one on an extra Rock Chucker (can check when sizing cases without taking the dies in and out) and use it to get a accurate measurement when "Bumping" the shoulders. I like them and use all the time.
Redding makes caliber specific for example .308, 7mm-08, 260, 243 are basically the same case with different bore diameters so Redding has a different Indicator for each due to the bore diameter. The Indicator measures more than just the Shoulder. I think that if you have different bushings you can use the same Indicator as long as the parent cases are the same. Example .260 Bore .256, .243 Bore .236,
• Check uniformity of shoulder bump
• Check bullet seating depth uniformity
• Compare sized cases to fired cases to determine the amount of headspace
• Sort cases fired in two or more rifles
• Sort sized cases for uniformity
• Set up sizing die correctly
• Check trim length uniformity
• Sort bullets for uniformity

Last edited: