Recent Hog Hunting In QLD. Aust

pc3

Hi Folks,

dont Post here often but here are some pics of a recent pig hunting trip;

Below is a Pic from when were set up with our Long Range Rigs to ambush some Pigs, we did not get any on this occassion. Rifles were put together by Dave Viers of Viersco Manufactureing. One is a big .375 ST on Lawton 8000 with SB PM11In Near Alpha Mountthe other is a .375/416 Ackley IMP. done on a CZ 550 with NXS 5.5-22x56 NPR2. Daves Work is First Rate !!

P6191115.jpg

Here is a Boar I shot with trusty AIA M19 B1 Sporter in .308 (these are newly manufactured strengthened Lee Enfeilds with 10 shot mags), the defy convention and shoot really well, and they handle the red dust very well.

P6201127.jpg

Friend with another pig and with the AIA .308 mentioned above

P6211159.jpg

Another one of my friends with a Boar, shot with custom .260

P6201135.jpg

Another couple of Pics from a Previous Trip one with My Scottish Deerhound Dog in it, and my other good mate;

LuckyWallace.jpg

MayneyandPig45-70.jpg

Well done mate.
Interesting rigs to use on pigs. I see you have had gunsmith work done by Dave Viers of Viersco Manufactureing. How would you rate his work?

What sort of time frame dose it take for him to deliver a rifle from the time the order is placed? Always looking at all options.

Well done mate.
Interesting rigs to use on pigs. I see you have had gunsmith work done by Dave Viers of Viersco Manufactureing. How would you rate his work?

What sort of time frame dose it take for him to deliver a rifle from the time the order is placed? Always looking at all options.

TS It took around 7-8mnths if I recall correctly. Daves work is very good and I will use him again at some stage. He is very good to deal with and helped us a lot in regards to getting us on the right direction with equipment and accesories.

For close cover a 45/70 with Aimpoint is about the best pig gun you can legally own in Australia i think, from any angle its dynamite.

The AIA M10 B1 sporter .308 is fast becoming a favourite, I have a NXS 2.5-10x24 NPR2 reticle and this whole rig has been a real suprise packet.

3 of us all own them and they all shoot great despite the rear locking action etc. Ours were full of that Red Dust and they just kept working.

Good shooting!!!
Would have liked to know at what distances those boars were shot at.
Anyway, seems like you and your friends are doing a great jobgun)
Keep up the good work, and hunt safely.
Thanks for posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.