Rebarreling a Browning X-Bolt

Probably, but I doubt it. It has sat in the safe for years. It is a 2009 model. I bought it, a 223 and a 7mm-08 X-Bolt all at the same time from a dealer closing up shop. He sold them to me at his cost if I agreed to buy a safe I came to look at. I don't think they would be willing to do anything, besides, I have no desire for another '06. I am thinking about a 280 Ackley or possibly a fast twist 25'06.
A phone call wouldn't hurt.

I don't really want another '06 and I don't think the resale will be justified of the trip. It does have the Duratouch that hasn't turned like the 223 did.

I am sure it meets their specs since they never really come out and say what their accuracy guarantee is, at least they didn't in 2009 when I bought it.

You need the action wrench that clamps to the outside, you don't want the pressure it's going to take to get it off on your raceways…my opinion.

I'd try heat first…then I'd chuck it up and run a parting tool right up as close as you can to the action shoulder, without touching it. It'll break free but be trash when you're done.
Curious. How does parting off the unthreaded part of the barrel release the threads?

Curious. How does parting off the unthreaded part of the barrel release the threads?
Barrels are put on at required torque spec.by screwing barrel up to receiver..... butting against barrel shoulder. Machining shoulder off....Releases the shoulder pressure.

Thanks. I was picturing the barrel being stuck in the receiver due to rust or loctite.

When you do get the Browning barrel off I highly recommend a Bartlein stainless steel barrel with 5R rifling AND Bartlein's factory bore lapping. The lapping will save you a lot of cleaning and "break in" will consist of 10 shots to lay in a bit of copper to improve accuracy.
i have a Browning X-Bolt Pro that has been factory lapped and for the first 3 shots (until that skinny fluted barrel heats up) I get 3/4" groups with Hornady 143 gr. ELD-X ammo. BTW, my Pro model comes with a factory lapped barrel and is very easy to clean.